- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 39 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: April 22, 2003
- Originally Released: 2002
- Label: First Run Features
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Single Side - Dual Layer
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 1.66
- Additional Release Material:
- Introduction: Claude Chabrol - Director
- Original Theatrical Trailer
- Additional Trailers
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Los Angeles Times - 08/16/2002
"...A pitch-dark comedy of manners that builds to a tragic revelation....Chabrol remains at the height of his powers....MERCI POUR LE CHOCOLAT crackles with wit and elegance, humor and pathos..."
Entertainment Weekly - 10/04/2002
"...Huppert has never been this cheerful, or lethal, and the movie itself is like Hitchcock's REBECCA reshot for 'House & Garden' with all the ghosts pulled out of the closet..."
Sight and Sound - 06/01/2010
"[The film] finds Chabrol in playful, malicious groove....Chabrol is probing away at the tensions, guilt and jealousies that exit in even seemingly the most well-adjusted bourgeois families."
Family Life |
Theatrical Release |
- IN THEATRES: JULY 31, 2002 (NY)