- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 18 minutes
- Video: Color
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Released: October 23, 2007
- Originally Released: 2006
- Label: First Run Features
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Additional Release Material:
- Trailers: Original Theatrical Trailer
- Interviews: Peter Coyote - Star (Extended Interview)
- "Uncensored - The "Bare Truth" of Communal Living"
- "Secret FBI File on Black Bear Ranch"
- Black Bear Family Album History
- Filmmaker's Biography
Performers, Cast and Crew:
New York Times - 12/01/2006
"[The film] offers the fascinating spectacle of observing people then and now."
The Black Bear Ranch plays host to a Northern California commune set up in the spirit of similar institutions established during the 1960s. This documentary presents an overview of communal living with a particular focus on the Black Bear Ranch crew.