- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 51 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: November 1, 2005
- Originally Released: 1967
- Label: 20th Century Fox
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Letterbox - 2.35
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 2.35
- Closed Captioned - English
- Mono - English, Spanish, French
- Subtitles - English, Spanish, French
- Additional Release Material:
- Featurette: Restoration Comparison
- Audio Commentary: Stanley Donen - Director
- Original Theatrical Trailer
- THREE COINS IN A FOUNTAIN
- LOVE IS A MANY SPLENDORED THING
- AN AFFAIR TO REMEMBER
- PEYTON PLACE
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Memorable Quotes and Dialog:
"Howard, you're the largest pocket of untapped natural gas known to man."
- Mark Wallace (Albert Finney) to Howard Maxwell Manchester (William Daniels)
USA Today - 11/05/1993
"...[A] chic '60s time capsule..."
Entertainment Weekly - 11/04/2005
"[With] Hepburn, heart-stoppingly gorgeous but also giving the strongest, most adult performance of her career..." -- Grade: A
While flying from England to France to meet her architect husband for a vacation, Joanna Wallace reflects on the past 12 years of their relationship. She specifically recalls the three times that they made this journey together: the first time at the start of their relationship, the second when she was pregnant with their first child, and the third when they were beginning to grow apart.
Essential Cinema |
- There is a recurrent leitmotif that occurs in the film at least four times regarding Albert Finney's character, Mark Wallace, either misplacing or losing his passport and his wife, Joanna (Audrey Hepburn), always finding it.
- Audrey Hepburn's amazing wardrobe--a snapshot of fashion in the late 1960s--was provided by Ken Scott, Michele Posier, Paco Rabanne, Mary Quant, and Foale and Tuffin. Hardy Amies supplied clothes for Albert Finney.
- Screenwriter Frederic Raphael later coscripted EYES WIDE SHUT with Stanley Kubrick.