The Mavericks Live in Austin Texas
|You Save:||$1.10 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by The Mavericks ~ Collection ~ $9.90
- by The Mavericks ~ The Definitive Collection ~ $7.38
- by The Mavericks ~ In Time ~ $11.68
- by The Mavericks ~ Super Colossal Smash Hits of the 90's: The Best of the Mavericks ~ $9.90
- by The Mavericks ~ What a Crying Shame ~ $9.72
- Released: September 28, 2004
- Originally Released: 2004
- Label: Sanctuary Records
- 1.Dance the Night Away
- 2.Because of You
- 3.Think of Me (When You're Lonely)
- 4.Things You Said to Me
- 5.Here Comes the Rain
- 6.San Jose
- 7.I Want to Know
- 8.What a Crying Shame
- 9.There Goes My Heart
- 10.Shine Your Light
- 11.Save a Prayer
- 13.I Said I Love You
- 14.Every Little Thing About You
- 15.Volver Volver
- 16.All You Ever Do Is Bring Me Down
Personnel: Raul Malo (vocals, guitar); Robert Reynolds (acoustic guitar, electric guitar, bass instrument, background vocals); Robert Chevrier (acoustic guitar, piano, organ, background vocals); Eddie Perez, Eddie Perez (electric guitar, background vocals); Jeff Coffin (tenor saxophone); Steve Patrick , Matt Nygren (trumpet); Nichol Thompson (trombone); Jerry Dale McFadden (piano, organ, background vocals); Alberto Salas (piano, percussion); Paul Deakin (vibraphone, drums); David Carroll (double bass, upright bass); Tom Lewis (drums, percussion).
Audio Mixer: Mike Poole.
Recording information: Stubbs Bar-B-Q, Austin, TX (06/02/2004).
Photographers: Dan Russo; Traci Goudie; Ray Lewis.
Arrangers: Raul Malo; Matt Nygren.
The Mavericks are talented enough to do any number of things with their music, which has been just a bit problematic for them since their breakthrough with 1994's What a Crying Shame, as they shuffle back and forth between country, sophisticated pop, and Latin accents in the studio without sounding as if they've found a permanent home with any of them. But they can play pretty much anything they set their minds to and make it work, and Raul Malo's glorious pipes are always a joy to hear, and on this live album their ambitious eclecticism works strongly in their favor. Live in Austin Texas finds an augmented version of the Mavericks (complete with horn section) pulling out all the stops for a vocally enthusiastic audience, and here they jump from one style to another with a surefooted abandon, sounding confident and enthusiastic at every turn. Malo is front and center on this performances, as well he should be, but his partners Robert Reynolds (on bass and guitar), Paul Deakin (drums and percussion), and Eddie Perez (guitars) give the singer as good as they get, and while this set list isn't exactly full of surprises, one spin reveals these guys are born showmen who approach each song with equal shares of passion and chops. Malo in particular sounds like he's having one hell of a good time at this show, and the audience is with him all the way -- and from the sound of this show, you sure can't blame 'em. Wherever they choose to go, the truly great Mavericks have talent as wide as their vision, and Live in Austin Texas captures them firing on all cylinders. If you can't find something on this album to groove to, maybe you ought not to bother with this whole music thing in the first place. ~ Mark Deming
The Best of 20th Century Masters / Millennium Collection (CD)
$3.99 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 11 ratings.
Based on 11 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD)
$19.98 on SALE
Get Rhythm / Story Songs of Trains And Rivers (CD)
$2.98 on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 70s - Absolute Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - The 60's, Part 1 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Garage Band Halloween, Volume 2 (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Garage Band Halloween, Volume 1 (CD) ~ $3.98 on SALE