Three Stripes in the Sun (Widescreen)
Sony Screen Classics by Request (series)
|You Save:||$9.01 (33% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 2-3 business days
- 4 Movie Marathon: James Stewart Westerns (Bend of the River / The Far Country / Night Passage / The... ~ $6.98 (Save 30%)
- Battle at Bloody Beach ~ $15.16 (Save 44%)
- The Long Gray Line ~ $11.22
- Old Yeller 2-Movie Collection (Old Yeller / Savage Sam) (2-DVD) ~ $10.13
- The Silver Fleet ~ $10.88
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 33 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: August 16, 2010
- Originally Released: 1955
- Label: Sony Pictures Home
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Philip Carey, Aldo Ray, Dick York & Chuck Connors|
|Directed by||Richard Murphy|
|Screenwriting by||Richard Murphy & Albert Duffy|
|Composition by||George Duning|
|Produced by||Fred Kohlmar|
|Director of Photography:||Burnett Guffey|
Description by OLDIES.com:
In this film which accurately depicts U.S. and Japan relations of the time, a staunchly anti-Japan American soldier (Aldo Ray) begins to change as he works with Japanese orphans. The real catalyst in his transformation, however, comes when he falls in love with a beautiful young translator.
THREE STRIPES IN THE SUN was based on THE GENTLE WOLFHOUND, a NEW YORKER article written by E. J. Kahn Jr. Set in postwar Japan, the film concerns the activities of three U.S.-occupation soldiers: Sergeant Hugh O'Reilly ( Aldo Ray), the Colonel (Phil Carey) and Corporal Neeby Muhlendorf (Dick York). Though he hates the Japanese with a passion, Sergeant O'Reilly softens as he gets to know the local citizenry. Soon, the hard-bitten sergeant is sneaking food provisions to Japanese children and donating his GI pay towards the building of an orphanage; he also falls in love with lovely interpreter Yuko (Mitsuko Kimura). Meanwhile, the Colonel handles his responsibilities with slick, military precision, while Corporal Muhlendorf spends his time looking for "action." Serving as technical advisor on THREE STRIPES IN THE SUN is Master Sergeant Hugh O'Reilly, the real-life model for the Aldo Ray character.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 3 ratings.
Based on 3 ratings.
Be the first Movie Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 43,197
- UPC: 043396355316
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Top ranking DVD-R:
- Forbidden Cinema Presents: Vintage Smokers From the 1920s, 30s and 40s - Volume 2 (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Forbidden Cinema Presents: Vintage Smokers From the 1920s and 30s (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Forbidden Cinema, Volume 14 (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Forbidden Cinema, Volume 12 - Ultra Rare Fetish (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Banned Cartoons: A Historical Archive of the Shameful Racial Abuses of Hollywood's Yesteryear (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE