Blu-ray Disc Features:
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 39 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: October 14, 2008
- Originally Released: 1995
- Label: Image Entertainment
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.78
- DTS HD Master Audio 5.1 - English
- Additional Release Material:
- Trailers: MacGillivray Freeman Films
- Featurette: Making Of "Living Sea"
- Interactive Features:
- Interactive Games: Film Trivia Quiz
- Text/Photo Galleries:
- Biographies: About Greg MacGillivray
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Los Angeles Times - 03/25/1996
"...MacGillivray is a master at bringing style and form to the immense IMAX format, and THE LIVING SEA is a glowing gem..."
Created for exhibition in IMAX Theaters, THE LIVING SEA explores the Earth's largest bodies of water and their inhabitants.
Description by Image Entertainment:
The Living Sea takes you to the world's oceans, traveling to Palau, Hawaii, California, Oregon, Alaska, Nova Scotia and the Red Sea. Explore the mysterious depths and come face to face with life-sized humpback whales when you dive into "The Living Sea." Swim with thousands of golden jellyfish and witness the bizarre spawning behavior of giant clams. Surf in Hawaii, deep-sea dive in Palau and test your courage with the Coast Guard in some of the world's roughest seas! Follow a remotely operated vehicle 3,000 feet down through the ocean depths to view strange creatures (one as long as a football field!) which live where sunlight never penetrates. The Living Sea celebrates the "world ocean"--its beauty, diversity and importance to all life on earth. Music by Sting; narrated by Meryl Streep. Ever wonder "how did they do that'" "The Making of 'The Living Sea'" (37 min.), shot in High-Definition Video, takes you behind the scenes.