Blu-ray Disc Features:
- Rated: R
- Run Time: 1 hours, 55 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: September 2, 2008
- Originally Released: 1996
- Label: Warner Home Video
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - French, German,Italian, Japanese, Castalian, French-Canadian
- Dolby Digital Stereo Portuguese, Latin
- Dolby TrueHD 5.1 - English
- Subtitles - English, Spanish, French, Japanese, Italian, German, Portuguese, Chinese, Korean, Sweadish, Norwegian, Danish, Finnish
Performers, Cast and Crew:
John Slattery &
Walon Green &
Alan Silvestri &
Michael S. Chernuchin &
Anne Kopelson &
Director of Photography:
Memorable Quotes and Dialog:
- John Kruger (ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGER), to an alligator he shoots in the head.
USA Today - 06/21/1996
"...[A] funhouse action pic..."
Entertainment Weekly - 07/12/1996
"...In the right soil, Schwarzenegger is solid as an oak." -- Rating: B
Variety - 06/10/1996
"...[The] lensing is cool and elegant....It's good to see James Coburn here in the authoritative part of a high government official..."
Chicago Sun-Times - 06/21/1996
"...ERASER is actually good action fun, with spectacular stunts and special effects and high energy..."
Muscle-bound, heavily-accented John Kruger is employed by the Witness Protection Program as an "eraser." In other words, he wipes out a witness's identity in order to save him or her from potential harm. One such person is beautiful Lee Cullen, who possesses vital information regarding super high-tech weapons -- and a government conspiracy connected to them. Krueger's job protecting Cullen will lead to some action-packed, death-defying adventures for the pair, as gunmen and goons and even alligators seem to be waiting for them around every corner. Furthermore, a traitor within the Witness Protection Program is hell-bent on violently erasing Krueger himself.
A lone-wolf marshal for the elite Federal Witness Protection Program, an "eraser," struggles to protect a beautiful, whistle-blowing former employee of a large, corrupt defense contractor. Along the way, the agent's own loyalty to his country is called into question in this action-filled thriller. Academy Awards Nomination: Best Sound Effects Editing.
Big Battles |
Theatrical Release |
- Released theatrically in the USA June 21, 1996.
- Color by Technicolor; in Panavision widescreen and DTS Sound/SDDS (Sony Dynamic Digital Sound).
- Additional cast: John Slattery (Corman); Michael Papajohn (Schiff); John Snyder (Sal) and K. Todd Freeman (Dutton).
- Additional credits: Michael S. Chernuchin (story) and Mike Benson (second unit camera).
- Arnold Schwarzenegger's wife Maria Shriver suggested Vanessa Williams for the role of Lee Cullen.
- Rated BBFC 18 by the British Board of Film Classification.