- Rated: Unrated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 12 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: November 2, 2004
- Originally Released: 1954
- Label: Homevision
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Additional Release Material:
- Audio Commentary: Brian Sibley - Film Historian
- Featurette: DOWN ON THE FARM
- Text/Photo Galleries:
- Liner Notes: By Author And Art Historian Karl Cohen
- Scenes as told through original storyboards
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Total Film - 12/01/2003
"...With impressive visuals complementing the thought-provoking action..."
Sight and Sound - 12/01/2003
"[A]n impressive achievement….The storytelling is surprisingly dark and does nothing to play down references to Stalin and Trotsky."
USA Today - 11/05/2004
"[T]he drawing manages to be relatively minimalist and expressive at the same time....Its historical interest can't be denied."
Adapted from George Orwell's satire, this full-length animated film uses animals to depict the flaws in political systems, as the animals of Manor Farm rebel against their cruel master and try to establish a prosperous new regime, only to learn that power will always corrupt.
In this animated adaptation of George Orwell's novel, pigs stage a revolution against poor sty conditions, but end up emulating the social ills of the old regime.
- Lothar Wolff, Borden Mace, Philip Stapp, John Halas, and Joy Batchelor are credited with story development.