In the Family
Director: Joanna Rudnick
- Rated: Not Rated
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 23 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: October 1, 2008
- Originally Released: 2008
- Label: First Run Features
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- (Unspecified) - English
- Additional Release Material:
- Bonus Footage: Extra Scenes and Follow-ups
- Text/Photo Galleries:
- Biographies: Filmmaker Biography
- Additional Text: Resources
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Directed by||Joanna Rudnick|
This brave piece of documentary filmmaking follows director Joanna Rudnick as she faces a life-changing decision at the age of 31. Rudnick has to decide whether to have an operation to remove her ovaries and breasts in order to reduce her chances of dying from cancer. To aid her in the decision Rudnick speaks with a number of women who have found themselves in a similar predicament, and offers some fascinating insight into the world of predictive genetic testing. Ultimately Rudnick has to decide whether to let go of her dreams of having children or take a risk and possibly not survive, making IN THE FAMILY a thoughtful and deeply personal experience.
Description by First Run Features Home Video:
At 31, filmmaker Joanna Rudnick faces an impossible decision: remove her breasts and ovaries or risk overwhelming odds of developing cancer. Armed with a genetic test result that leaves her "a ticking time bomb," she balances dreams of having her own children with the unnerving reality that she is risking her life by holding on to her fertility.
IN THE FAMILY follows Joanna as she connects with other women trying to navigate their way around the wrenching decisions associated with predictive genetic testing. Turning the camera on herself, Joanna bares her conflicting emotions about preventative surgery and the potential consequences, just as she and her partner contemplate a family together.
Intensely personal and timely, IN THE FAMILY is a groundbreaking investigation into the question: How much do you sacrifice to survive'
Documentary | Illness | Pregnancy
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 3 ratings.
Based on 3 ratings.
Be the first Movie Lover to write an online review of this product!
- UPC: 720229913447
- Shipping Weight: 0.19/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
The Great American Songbook: Celebrating 100 Years of Music... (DVD)
$21.63 CYBER WEEK
Marvin Gaye - What's Going On / Greatest Hits: Live In 76'... (DVD)
$15.96 CYBER WEEK
Gary Moore & the Midnight Blues - Live at Montreux 1990 (DVD)
$9.22 CYBER WEEK
Ricky Scaggs - Waitin' For The Sun To Shine (CD, DVD)
$12.58 CYBER WEEK
Top ranking DVD:
- Sons of Kong: 10 Full-Length Movies on 3-DVDs (3D Pop-Up Case) ~ $1.19 CYBER WEEK
- Annie (DVD) ~ $2.98 CYBER WEEK
- The Golden Age of Cartoons: Cultoons! Rare, Lost and Strange Cartoons! Ads and Oddities (DVD) ~ $1.19 CYBER WEEK
- 3 Pack Westerns: The Way West / Escort West / Chato's Land (DVD) ~ $1.79 CYBER WEEK
- Burt Reynolds Comedy Triple Feature: Gator / Breaking In / Fuzz (2-DVD) ~ $1.19 CYBER WEEK