- Rated: R
- Run Time: 2 hours, 12 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: October 5, 2010
- Originally Released: 2000
- Label: Warner Home Video
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Note: Commentary by director William Friedkin
- Theatrical trailers
- Tv & radio spots
- Dual Layer
- Director's Cut
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen
- Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo - English, French, Spanish
- Dolby Digital EX 6.1 - English, French, Spanish
- Dolby Digital Surround - English, French, Spanish
- Subtitles - English, French, Spanish
Performers, Cast and Crew:
USA Today - 09/22/2000
"...THE EXORCIST retains the power to turn heads--and stomachs....A new shocker has been included: the infamous "spider walk," in which Blair's Regan descends the stairs like a crazed crab, bent over backward, mouth gushing blood..."
Entertainment Weekly - 09/29/2000
"...THE EXORCIST remains the ultimate exploitation-nightmare vision of the onslaught of adolescence....[It speaks] to a larger, if unconscious, collective fear..." -- Rating: A-
Chicago Sun-Times - 09/22/2000
"...THE EXORCIST was and is a brilliant horror film, one with an archetypal ability to reach and disturb us. It will survive as long as people care about well-made movies..."
With a digitally remastered soundtrack including new sound effects and new music along with never-before-seen restored footage, THE EXORCIST: THE VERSION YOU'VE NEVER SEEN pays tribute to this terrifying film, originally released on Christmas Day in 1973. It tells the story of Regan (Linda Blair), a little girl who becomes possessed by the devil and undergoes a violent exorcism conducted by two priests: an aging man at the end of his career (Max Von Sydow) and a young man having a crisis of conscience (Jason Miller). A blood-chilling film directed by William Friedkin and written by William Peter Blatty, this enhanced restoration of the original will thrill audiences anew.
Cult Film |
- Theatrical Release: September 22, 2000
- Ellen Burstyn suffered permanent injury to her spine during shooting of the scene in which she is knocked across the room.
- Friedkin punched Father William O'Malley during shooting of Father Karras's death scene to elicit a better performance.
- This new release includes 12 minutes of additional footage, including the infamous "spider-walk" scene, in which the possessed Regan walks backward on all fours down a staircase; it also includes scenes that provide additional psychological background on Regan, more subliminal, shadowy shots of the demon, and an alternate ending with a lighter tone than the original release.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 945 ratings.
Be the first Movie Lover to
write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 38,373
- UPC: 883929101436
- Shipping Weight: 0.15/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item