- Run Time: 1 hours, 8 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: November 14, 2006
- Originally Released: 2006
- Label: Arts Magic
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Single Side - Single Layer
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
Description by OLDIES.com:
Filmed in the dying years of the age of steam, we witness spectacular feats of engineering through central and southern Africa. The famous Victoria Falls Bridge, the Rhodesian Railways and Franco-Ethiopian Railways are featured, as well as the steam trains of South Africa, Mozambique, Angola and the Sudan.
The series STEAM AROUND THE WORLD documents the development of steam train travel in various countries. THE AFRICAN ARCHIVES spans from Egypt to South Africa and covers all points in between, investigating the history, politics, engineering, and routes of the continent's great railways.