- Rated: PG-13
- Run Time: 1 hours, 40 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: October 23, 2001
- Originally Released: 1991
- Label: Paramount
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Letterbox - 1.85
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.85
- Dolby Digital 5.1- English
- Dolby Digital Stereo- French
- Dolby Digital Surround- English
- Additional Release Material:
- Trailers: Original Theatrical Trailer
- Interactive Features:
- Interactive Menus
- Scene Selection
Performers, Cast and Crew:
New York Times - 10/25/1991
"...Enjoyably buoyant....[Moore's] confidence is contagious..."
A sweet-natured country girl with clairvoyant powers travels to the big city when she marries an amorous butcher who visited her fair glen on a fishing trip. Once ensconced in her Greenwich Village apartment, the butcher's wife starts making predictions of future romance for several of her newfound friends. The predictions do come true, but our heroine begins to doubt her powers of extrasensory perception when she realizes that she may be falling in love with a skeptical local psychiatrist -- a turn of events that she certainly didn't foretell.
Psychic Forces |
- Shot in Technicolor.
- Michal Fraley did the roller skating choreography.
- The producers and writers travelled to Ashville, North Carolina (in the Blue Ridge Mountains) for research. The community of Ashville is renowned for the extraordinary number of psychics who live there. And the filmmakers research here formed the basis for the beginning of the movie.