Our Modern Maidens (Full Screen) (Silent)
Warner Archive Collection (series)
In a follow-up to her trendsetting silent "Our Dancing Daughters," Joan Crawford returns to the role of a reckless Jazz Age baby getting her kicks with torrid kisses and wild parties. Crawford is joined by her "Daughters" co-star Anita Page.
|You Save:||$3.60 (20% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 2-3 business days
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 15 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: September 21, 2010
- Originally Released: 1929
- Label: Warner Archives
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Joan Crawford, Rod La Rocque, Douglas Fairbanks Jr., Anita Page & Josephine Dunn|
|Performer:||Douglas Fairbanks Jr. & Rod La Rocque|
|Directed by||Jack Conway|
Description by OLDIES.com:
With kohl-rimmed eyes and rouged lips, flapper fatale Billie Brown demands to live life on her terms, not society's. So she brazenly vamps a handsome diplomat in hopes of furthering her fiance's career. It's a perfect plan - until Billie loses her heart to the diplomat. In a follow-up to her trendsetting silent Our Dancing Daughters, Joan Crawford returns to the role of a reckless Jazz Age baby getting her kicks with torrid kisses and wild parties. Crawford is joined by her Daughters co-star Anita Page and by Douglas Fairbanks, Jr., who would soon wed his leading lady. An extra treat for film buffs: Fairbanks' hilarious impersonations of John Barrymore, John Gilbert and his own swashbuckling dad.
A Roaring Twenties romantic quadrangle that shimmers in barely-there gowns and lush, art deco interiors.
This sequel to "Our Dancing Daughters" centers on Billie and Abbott, a couple who have just gotten married. However, there's one person opposed to the union, and that's Kentucky Brown -- who's pregnant with Abbott's baby. What will happen when the truth is revealed'
- Film is silent. The MGM/UA Home Video releases feature a musical score and sound effects.
- Other writers: Josephine Lovett (story and continuity) and Ruth Cummings (titles).
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 8 ratings.
Based on 8 ratings.
Be the first Movie Lover to write an online review of this product!
Abbott and Costello Meet Captain Kidd (FS) (DVD-R)
$13.34 on SALE
Top ranking DVD-R:
- The Strip Tease Murder Case (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Banned Cartoons: A Historical Archive of the Shameful Racial Abuses of Hollywood's Yesteryear (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Forbidden Cinema Presents: Vintage Smokers From the 1920s and 30s (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- End of the World (1934) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Alfred the Great (DVD-R) ~ $17.98 on SALE