- Number of Discs: 2
- Rated: PG
- Run Time: 1 hours, 24 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: May 8, 2008
- Originally Released: 1982
- Label: Paramount
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English
- Additional Release Material:
- Trailers: Original Theatrical Trailer
- Interactive Features:
- Interactive Menus
- Scene Selection
- Additional Products:
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Variety - 12/08/1982
"...Finkleman has managed to match the spirit of the first venture....Robert Hays is still solid....Peter Graves remains amusing..."
The wild and crazy crew is in the sky again, and this time there's a mad bomber on board, the engines aren't working, and the angel of death keeps popping up in the cockpit. But worst of all, the flight attendants suddenly discover that they're completely out of coffee!
Sequel to the very successful parody of airplane disaster films -- AIRPLANE.
In this follow-up, the original cast of characters gets trapped in a space shuttle on its premiere voyage.
- The director of this film, Ken Finkelman, took the helm when AIRPLANE's original team of director/writers -- Jim Abrahams, Jerry Zucker and David Zucker -- decided not to become involved in the sequel's production.
Most of the lead actors did remain the same, with the exception of William Shatner, who took over the role of Murdock from Kareem Abdul-Jabbar.