- Rated: R
- Run Time: 1 hours, 41 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: May 4, 2004
- Originally Released: 1993
- Label: New Line Home Video
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
Performers, Cast and Crew:
New York Times - 04/30/1993
"...A fresh, engaging story....[Lynch] gives a tough, funny performance..."
Rolling Stone - 06/10/1993
"...Lynch hasn't been this dynamic since DRUGSTORE COWBOY..."
USA Today - 04/30/1993
"...HEARTS is, at heart, as sweetly old-fashioned as a candy-coated valentine....[It] adds up to a winning hand..."
Variety - 02/08/1993
"...Marvelously exploiting New York's downtown world, it is a commercially slick and appealing film..."
Chicago Sun-Times - 04/30/1993
"...The whole approach to gay life in this movie is refreshingly unaffected..."
When a woman's lesbian lover leaves, she hires a gigolo to seduce her lover, mistreat her, and send her back home. Simple enough, except the stud falls for his bisexual quarry and doesn't want her to leave. Starring Sherilyn Fenn, Kelly Lynch, and William Baldwin.
When Connie is dumped by her girlfriend Ellen, she hires a handsome, charismatic escort named Joe to break Ellen's heart. Joe is a smooth-talking Don Juan who goes by the motto "any woman, any time, guaranteed." Once Joe rejects Ellen, Connie is certain she'll come running back into her loving arms. But sometimes even the best-laid plans don't work out quite the way you expect.
Love Triangle |
- Before "Three of Hearts" Yurek Bogayevicz directed "Anna," a remake of "All About Eve" which featured Sally Kirkland, Paulina Porizkova, Robert Fields and Stefan Schnabel. Written by Agnieska Holland and photographed by Bob Bukowski, "Anna" is about a Czechoslovakian actress betrayed by a younger female admirer. Judging by these two films, you could say Bogayevicz is interested in relationships between women.
- Actress Sherilyn Fenn has appeared in the television series "Twin Peaks." Her film credits include "Of Mice and Men," "Fatal Instinct," and "Boxing Helena." William Baldwin's credits include "Backdraft," "Flatliners," and "Internal Affairs." Kelly Lynch's films are "Desperate Hours," "Drugstore Cowboy," and "Warm Summer Rain."
- A conventional love triangle turned upside down, "Three of Hearts" takes lesbian love, sexual politics, and jealousy as its themes. Romantic witticisms reminiscent of classic cinema abound in a film which relies on quick dialogue, not skin, to entertain.
- Rated BBFC 18 by the British Board of Film Classification.