- Rated: PG-13
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 24 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: April 24, 2001
- Originally Released: 2000
- Label: New Line Home Video
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Snap Case
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 1.85
- Aspect Ratio: Letterbox - 1.85
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English
- Dolby Surround - English
- Additional Release Material:
- Deleted Scenes
- Making Of: ADAM SANDLER GOES TO HELL
- Trailers: Original Theatrical Trailer
- Music Video: P.O.D. - SCHOOL OF HARD KNOCKS
- Featurette: SATAN'S TOP 40
- Audio Commentary:
- Adam Sandler - Star, Steven Brill - Director, Tim Herlihy - Writer
- Michael McKean, Jon Lovitz, Kevin Nealon, Henry Winkler, Ozzy Osbourne - Stars
- Ozzy Osbourne
- Gene Simmons
- Ronnie James Dio
- Hidden Features: Trailer for LORD OF THE RINGS
- Filmographies: Cast & Crew
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Entertainment Weekly - 11/17/2000
"...Sandler's latest craftily stoopid, infantile-as-I wanna-be comic bash....A metaphysical slapstick gross out party..."
Box Office - 01/01/2001
"...LITTLE NICKY is consistently original and entertaining....[The filmmakers] attain genius zeniths of hilarity..."
Sight and Sound - 01/01/2001
"...Spirited performances and funny moments..."
Chicago Sun-Times - 11/10/2000
"...The best Sandler movie to date....Kinda fun..."
Continuing in the tradition of his hits THE WATERBOY and HAPPY GILMORE, Adam Sandler stars in LITTLE NICKY, a supernatural comedy about Satan's geekiest son. Nicky (Sandler) is relieved when his father (Harvey Keitel) decides to continue as ruler of the underworld for another 10,000 years instead of picking one of his bullying brothers, Adrian (Rhys Ifans) or Cassius (Tom "Tiny" Lister), to reign. Adrian and Cassius, hungry for power, decide to travel to New York City in order to spread Hell on Earth. Only Nicky can stop them and save his father--and the world--from his brothers' evil schemes. But Nicky has no idea what to expect from New York City, and he has to deal with new activities such as eating, sleeping, and meeting a new girlfriend, Valerie (Patricia Arquette). His friends Mr. Beefy, a talking bulldog, and John and Peter, a pair of hardcore heavy metal fans, try to help Nicky stand up for himself and eventually save the universe. LITTLE NICKY features a cast of regulars from other Adam Sandler movies, plus a hilariously bizarre sense of humor that allows all sorts of odd and twisted things to happen.
- Theatrical release: November 10, 2000.
- Filmed on location in the streets of New York City.
- Actors Allen Covert (Todd), Peter Dante (Peter), and Jonathan Loughran (John) have all appeared in Adam Sandler's other films BIG DADDY, THE WATERBOY, and THE WEDDING SINGER. Covert is also one of LITTLE NICKY's executiv producers, opened for Sandler on his stand-up tours, and produced Sandler's comedy albums.
Besides Adam Sandler, LITTLE NICKY features seven former cast members from Saturday Night Live, plus Robert Smigel, a writer for the show, as the voice of Mr. Beefy. Smigel also performs the voice of Triumph the Insult Comic Dog on LATE NIGHT with Conan O'Brien.
- Chubbs Peterson, played by Carl Weathers, originally appeared as a character in Adam Sandler's HAPPY GILMORE, and Rob Schneider appeared as the "You Can Do It" Guy in THE WATERBOY.