- Rated: R
- Run Time: 1 hours, 38 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: April 20, 1999
- Originally Released: 1995
- Label: Miramax
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Letterbox - 1.85
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Amanda De Cadenet,
Marisa Tomei &
Robert Rodriguez &
Elena Maganini &
Robert Rodriguez &
Director of Photography:
Phil Parmet &
Executive Production by
Quentin Tarantino &
Variety - 09/25/1995
"...Each episode is well shot and edited by consummate craftsmen....Rodriguez again shows his masterly, humorous control of the camera..."
A hapless Los Angeles bellhop struggles to survive New Year's Eve in this quartet of episodes each directed by a rising independent film auteur. "The Missing Ingredient" (Allison Anders) involves a coven of witches who lack a necessary life fluid; "The Wrong Man" (Alexandre Rockwell) centers on an abusive S&M couple; "The Misbehavers" (Robert Rodriguez) offers the bratty kids of a dangerous gangster; and "The Man From Hollywood" (Quentin Tarantino) re-creates a gruesome Hitchcock bet.
Description by Buena Vista Home Entertainment.:
Don't miss the fun in this hilariously sexy comedy that has Antonio Banderas (THE MASK OF ZORRO), Madonna (EVITA), and a sizzling all-star cast checking in for laughs! It's Ted the Bellhop's (Tim Roth -- PULP FICTION) first night on the job ... and the hotel's very unusual guests are about to place him in some outrageous predicaments! It seems that this evening's room service is serving up one unbelievable happening ... after another! Also featuring Academy Award(R) winner Marisa Tomei (1992 Best Supporting Actress, MY COUSIN VINNY), FOUR ROOMS is a wild night of highly original comedy entertainment you'll enjoy ... without reservations!
It's New Year's Eve, and new bellboy Ted is in for a wild night, as the inhabitants of four rooms enmesh him in some strange goings-on. In one room, a coven of young witches congregate to bring their leader back from the dead... and they're just dying to use Ted in a rather personal way. In another room, the bellhop becomes a pawn in a couple's kinky psychological games. A third room is being torn apart by two unruly kids while their parents are out painting the town red. And in a fourth, three men involve Ted in a bet -- one that has potentially bloody results.
- Shown at the 1995 Toronto Film Festival.
- Released theatrically in New York City December 25, 1995. The film grossed $4.3 million domestically.
- An A Band Apart production.
- Soundtrack available on Elektra.
- Color by Deluxe.
- Filmed with Panavision equipment.
- Additional credits: Brian Bettwy, Louis Shaw Milito (assistant directors); Ziad Doueiri (camera operator); Jonathan Brown (steadicam operator); Kurtz and Friends (animation producer); Denise Okimoto (music editor); Tennyson Sebastian III (sound re-recording mixer).
- Songs/music extracts:
"Carnival of Souls", "Breakfast at Denny's", "Theme from
'The Tiki Wonder Hour'" by Peter Dixon
"Spy vs. Spy" by Michael Cudahy
"The Millionaire's Holiday" by Peter Dixon, Elizabeth Cox
"Cadillac" by Giovanni Rota, performed by Combustible
"Sentimental Journey" by Bud Green, Les Brown, Ben Homer
"Bewitched (Theme Song)" by Jack Keller, Howard Greenfield
"YMCA" by Jacques Morali, Henri Belolo, Victor Willis
performed by The Village People
The fourth tale, "The Man from Hollywood", is a remake of an episode from Alfred Hitchcock's TV show. That one was entitled "The Man from Rio".
- When the film was released in England, two of the four segments were re-titled. Allison Anders' was renamed "The Missing Ingredient," and Alexandre Rockwell's was changed to "The Wrong Man."
- The film features an animated credit sequence.
- Rated BBFC 18 by the British Board of Film Classification.
- Sales Rank: 90,901
- UPC: 096009770495
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item