- Rated: R
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 23 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: February 26, 2008
- Originally Released: 2003
- Label: Showtime Ent.
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.85
- Additional Release Material:
- Audio Commentary: Bob Odenkirk - Director, Michael Blieden - Screenwriter, Star
- Bonus Footage: Scenes from the Original Stage Play
- Interactive Features:
- Scene Access
- Interactive Menus
- Text/Photo Galleries:
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Box Office - 03/01/2004
"Odenkirk's direction and Blieden's script consistently steer MELVIN toward gentle and humane moments of revelation..."
MELVIN GOES TO DINNER marks the directorial debut of comedy writer Bob Odenkirk, co-creator and star of the acclaimed HBO series Mr. Show. Michael Blieden, who adapted the screenplay from his own stage play of the same name, stars as the titular Melvin, a dissatisfied thirtysomething who spends most of his time working, smoking pot, watching porn, and having sex with his overly demanding girlfriend. One day he halfheartedly agrees to have dinner with his friend Joey (Matt Price), who brings along his two friends Alex (Stephanie Courtney) and Sarah (Annabelle Gurwitch). As the dinner progresses, the group of almost-strangers engage in increasingly intimate dinner conversations about sex, religion, infidelity, fetishes, ghosts, and everything in between. Equally funny and heartfelt, MELVIN GOES TO DINNER is a witty, intelligent comedy for adults, with hilarious cameos by Jack Black, Maura Tierney, and Mr. Show's own David Cross.