- Rated: R
- Run Time: 1 hours, 41 minutes
- Video: Color
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Released: October 2, 2007
- Originally Released: 1990
- Label: Trinity Home Ent
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
Performers, Cast and Crew:
New York Times - 02/15/1991
Los Angeles Times - 11/09/1990
"...[The actors] show surprising assurance, subtlety and control....They all dig into their parts, bring out grace notes, shadings, flourishes..."
A trio of friends picks up a mysterious blind woman who's hitchhiking. Soon she seduces the men and coaxes them to go to a desert island, where the title's meaning becomes clear.
Three friends taking a road trip from New York to North Carolina pick up a woman hitchhiking alone who they later realize is blind. The woman creates a love triangle between the characters, at the same time evoking sympathy from the woman whose 'boyfriend' she pursues. This enigmatic character manages to alter the friends' original plans so that the trip will go her way. Then, as they reach North Carolina, she becomes intrigued by the alligators in the Carolina swamps, and by the myth of Atlantis.. and soon the easily manipulated trio realize that they are in way over their heads.
Theatrical Release |
- Shown at the 1990 Cannes Film Festival.
- Feature film debut for writer/director John Feldman, made on a modest feature budget.