- Rated: R
- Run Time: 1 hours, 39 minutes
- Video: Color
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Released: March 7, 2006
- Originally Released: 1977
- Label: Starz / Anchor Bay
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 1.85
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- 6.1 DTS-ES - English
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English
- Additional Release Material:
- Alternate Scenes: Ending Scene
- Audio Commentary: Wes Craven - Director, Peter Locke - Producer
- "Looking Back on THE HILLS HAVE EYES"
- "The Directors: The Films of Wes Craven"
- Theatrical Trailer
- TV Spots
- Stills/Photos: Behind the Scenes
- Essay: Original Screenplay
- Biographies: Wes Craven - Director
- Poster Art
- Advertising Art
- Original Storyboards
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Variety - 12/20/1978
"...A satisfying piece....[The] gratifying aspects are Craven's businesslike plotting and pacy cutting..."
Total Film - 11/01/2003
"An all-time favourite among the blood 'n' guts brigade....They sure don't make 'em like this anymore..."
When their camper breaks down in the desert on their way to California, a desperate family struggles to survive the attacks of a bizarre cannibalistic family, hungry for fresh meat and determined to terrorize the innocent vacationers. As members of the Carter clan fall prey to these inbred marauders, only a son and daughter remain to rescue their kidnapped infant and seek vengeance against the savages who have destroyed their family.
On an innocent outing, an all-American family runs into car trouble. Suddenly, they are hunted by a cannibalistic family, hungry for fresh meat. The families pitch war against one another in a desperate struggle for survival.
Cult Film |
Essential Cinema |
Family Interaction |
Theatrical Release |