- Rated: R
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 35 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: August 29, 2000
- Originally Released: 1987
- Label: Starz / Anchor Bay
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Single Side - Dual Layer
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 1.85
- Aspect Ratio: Letterbox - 1.85
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English
- Additional Release Material:
- Behind the Scenes
- Trailers: Original Theatrical Trailer
- Audio Commentary: Sam Raimi - Director, Bruce Campbell - Star, Scott Spiegel - Co-Writer, Greg Nicotero - Special Effects Artist
- Featurette: THE GORE THE MERRIER
- Interactive Features:
- Scene Access
- Interactive Menus
- Text/Photo Galleries:
- Biographies: Cast & Crew
- DVD-ROM Features:
- DVD-ROM Games: EVIL DEAD: HAIL TO THE KING
- Additional Products:
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Memorable Quotes and Dialog:
"The first passage will allow the demon to manifest itself in the flesh."--Annie (Sarah Berry)
"Why the hell would we want to do that'"
- Ash (Bruce Campbell)
"You're goin' down."
- Ash to a demon
"I'll swallow your soul! I'll swallow your soul!"--Demon
- Ash, as his puts a shotgun to its head
New York Times - 03/13/1987
"...EVIL DEAD 2 is one of the goofiest, goriest movies this side of the grave....Genuine, if bizarre, proof of Sam Raimi's talent and developing skill..."
Variety - 03/11/1987
"...A flashy good-natured display of special effects and scare tactics..."
Los Angeles Times - 03/13/1987
"...There are images of satanic grace that actually recall Bosch, thanks to the darkly mischievous power of Raimi's bizarre imagination....Raimi is a dynamo who knows how to make a movie as cinematic as possible....DEAD BY DAWN is a terrific trip..."
Entertainment Weekly - 05/23/2003
"...Gore just doesn't get any giddier than Raimi's sequel-slash-remake..."
Total Film - 11/01/2000
"...EVIL DEAD 2 delivers the goods nonstop..."
New York Times - 10/18/2005
"The effects -- a combination of puppetry and stop-motion animation -- are both inventive and obvious enough to lift the grotesque humor safely into the realm of high stylization."
In this sequel-remake of the original EVIL DEAD, a group of people are trapped in a cabin while ancient evil lurks outside and threatens a fate worse than death. Can brawny wiseguy Ash save the day, or will his dead girlfriend come back to cause more trouble' An influential comic horror movie from director Raimi.