- Rated: R
- Run Time: 1 hours, 27 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: August 5, 2003
- Originally Released: 1993
- Label: New Line Home Video
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Snap Case
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 1.85
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Sight and Sound - 04/01/1994
"...[Sheedy is] affecting and natural..."
While they're investigating a story about the abuse and torture of lab animals during genetic experiments, a TV journalist and her camerawoman innocently unleash a specially engineered dog who is sedated. Depending on who is handling him, when the sedative wears off the dog will either act heroically to save those or in danger.... or kill anyone who crosses his path. Ally Sheedy and Lance Henriksen star in this intense horror film.
An ambitious journalist breaks into a research facility and unleashes the biggest story of her career - Max - a genetically enhanced guard dog with killer instincts.
- Shot in DeLuxe color, Film House prints.
- Recorded in a THX Sound System Theatre.
- The film made over $15 million at the box office when it opened theatrically.
- Clint and Scott Rowe, David Deleissegues and Frank Schmidt were Max's trainers.
- Additional credits: Julie Dole (additional editing), Marita Goldsmith (music coordinator), Alex Wilkinson & Nick Vidar (orchestrators), Aliki Demetriades (makeup/hair for Ally Sheedy), Title House Inc. (opticals), Deborah Ross Film Design (main & end title design), and Available Light Ltd (chameleon effects).
- Rated BBFC 15 by the British Board of Film Classification.