- Number of Discs: 2
- Rated: R
- Run Time: 1 hours, 33 minutes
- Video: Color
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Released: July 25, 2006
- Originally Released: 2006
- Label: New Line Home Video
- 2-Disc Set
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Special Edition
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Additional Release Material:
- "Choose Their Fate" feature--New interactive feature lets YOU decide the fate of the characters! Tons of possibilities!
- Featurette: "Dead Teenager Movie" - in-depth look at a sub-genre of horror films, featuring clips from other blood-curdling horror films
- "Planned Accidents": a look at the making of the rollercoaster
- Audio Commentary: Filmmakers
- Original animated short: "It's All Around You"
- Documentary: part documentary "Kill Shot: The Making of FD3"
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Sight and Sound - 04/01/2006
"Wong provides enough of a thoughtful undercurrent to make this an acceptable sequel."
Ultimate DVD - 08/01/2006
3 stars out of 5 -- "[Y]ou just can't help but clench every muscle in your body as death plays mousetrap with its victims, one by one."
James Wong (THE ONE), who directed the original FINAL DESTINATION film, returns to direct the third installment in the series. High-school senior Wendy (Mary Elizabeth Winstead) is enjoying senior night at the amusement park and taking photos for the school yearbook. A control freak, she's not particularly fond of rides--especially the roller coaster. Despite her fear, Wendy decides to go on the coaster, but is soon traumatized by a vision that a fatal accident is about to occur. She and a group of other riders disembark from the ride--and the rest of the riders do indeed suffer a horrific fate.
Having cheated death once, Wendy is tormented by an ominous feeling that something is very wrong. Her classmate, Kevin (Ryan Merriman), does some research and learns that something similar has happened before: a high-school student had a premonition that a plane filled with his classmates was doomed, a group of them refused to board, and the plane exploded in flight. Following that incident, the survivors all died under mysterious circumstances and in the order that they died in the premonition. Soon, Wendy and Kevin realize that the same fate is about to befall those who got off the roller coaster and survived. Perhaps more disturbing is that clues to the impending deaths seem to lie in the photos that Wendy took on the evening of the accident. In an instant, innocuous situations and common objects become fatal, causing particularly gruesome deaths. Ultimately, the real question becomes whether or not Wendy and Kevin can save their classmates--and themselves--from impending doom before it's too late.
Description by Warner Home Video:
Final Destination 3: Special Edition
Fasten your seatbelts and brace yourself for the "2-Disc Thrill Ride Edition" of Final Destination 3! It's the DVD that takes you on a ride BEYOND terror where YOU control your limit of fear!!
- Theatrical Release: Feburary 10, 2006