- Rated: PG
- Run Time: 1 hours, 46 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: May 9, 2000
- Originally Released: 1995
- Label: Touchstone / Disney
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Letterbox - 1.85
- Dolby Digital 5.0 - English
- Dolby Digital 5.0 - French
- Additional Release Material:
- Behind the Scenes
- Trailers: Original Theatrical Trailer
- Audio Commentary: Steve Martin - Star, Martin Short - Star
- Interactive Features:
- Interactive Menus
- Scene Access
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Memorable Quotes and Dialog:
"I wasn't ready to be a grandfather. What's so grand about it, anyway'"
- George Banks (STEVE MARTIN)
"The kid's gonna love spending his adolescence in a retirement home. He certainly won't have to worry about us hearing him come in late... because we won't be able to hear."
- George Banks (STEVE MARTIN)
Premiere - 12/01/1995
"...Perky, fun-loving family entertainment..."
Entertainment Weekly - 01/19/1998
"...Wacky and weepy, silly and sweet..."
Variety - 12/11/1995
"...This breezy sequel proves pleasant....There are plenty of comic moments to show off Martin's considerable skills..."
Los Angeles Times - 12/08/1995
"...FATHER OF THE BRIDE II is as bright and shiny as a Christmas tree ornament..."
George and Nina Banks have just settled down since their daughter Annie's wedding when life hurls another milestone at them - a grandchild. Once again they're scrambling to do everything right for their expecting daughter while facing the midlife crisis of being called "grandparents."
Description by Buena Vista Home Entertainment.:
Father Of The Bride Part II
Expect crowd-pleasing entertainment when Steve Martin (PARENTHOOD), Diane Keaton (LOOK WHO'S TALKING NOW), and Martin Short (CAPTAIN RON) return in this hilarious sequel to the comedy smash FATHER OF THE BRIDE. Having just married off his cherished daughter (Kimberly Williams -- FATHER OF THE BRIDE), George Banks (Martin) is ready to get footloose and fancy free! So when his daughter and his wife Nina (Keaton) both announce they are pregnant, George finds himself in one outrageous situation after another, desperately trying to recapture the wild and crazy days of his youth! You'll love every star-filled minute of FATHER OF THE BRIDE, PART II -- the riotous comedy hit that delivers double the fun and twice the laughs!
In this sequel to the hit comedy "Father of the Bride," George Banks continues to fret even after his daughter's wedding -- this time because she's pregnant and he's about to become a grandfather. He experiences even more angst when his wife discovers she's pregnant too. Comic confusion transpires as the beleaguered patriarch prepares for the two new additions to his family.
Joining in the fun are Franck Egglehoffer and his assistant Howard Weinstein, who are now no longer wedding planners but a pair of equally wacky home decorators.
Family Interaction |
- Released theatrically in the USA December 8, 1995. The film gave birth to $76.6 million domestically.
- Co-produced by The Meyers/Shyer Company.
- Color by Technicolor.
- Remake of "Father's Little Dividend" (1951), which was a sequel to the 1950 version of "Father of the Bride."
- Additional credits: Cindy Williams (co-producer) and Julie B. Crane (associate producer).
- Rated BBFC PG by the British Board of Classification.