- Released: August 4, 2009
- Label: Sbme Special Mkts.
Rolling Stone - p.1133 stars out of 5
- "Soulstress Angie Stone makes well-meaning adult-geared R&B, but unlike most of her peers, she injects her music with bawdy bravado."
Entertainment Weekly - pp.85-6
"[I]t sways pleasurably from start to finish, buoyed by floaty old-school R&B..." - Grade: B
Mojo (Publisher) - p.1024 stars out of 5
- "With each album Stone has grown in confidence, and though this is her most subtle, it's also her most assured."
- 1.Stoned Love (Intro)
- 2.I Wanna Thank Ya - (with Snoop Dogg)
- 3.My Man - (with Floetry)
- 5.Stay For a While - (with Anthony Hamilton)
- 6.Lover's Ghetto
- 7.Little Bit of This, Little Bit of That (Interlude)
- 8.You're Gonna Get It - (with Diamond Stone)
- 9.Come Home (Live With Me)
- 10.You Don't Love Me
- 11.Remy Red
- 12.That Kind of Love - (with Betty Wright)
- 13.Touch It (Interlude)
- 14.Cinderella Ballin'
- 15.Karma - (with T.H.C.)
- 16.Wherever You Are
- 17.I Wanna Thank Ya (No Rap)
Angie Stone doesn't dabble in anything, but immerses herself deeply in the most soulful musical waters. Stone's songs are as assertive as Mary J. Blige, as directly catchy as anything by Beyonce, and as unpredictable and poetic as Jill Scott. On her third record, STONE LOVE, Stone has truly settled into her groove with a consistently engaging funk-pop collection.
STONE LOVE opens in low-key fashion with a simple, light Jazze Pha production called "I Wanna Thank Ya," which slides into a Snoop Dogg guest rap, before Stone announces the record as truly her own with the unforgettable and smoothly infectious "My Man." The wronged woman showing the door to a cheating man is one of the most thoroughly explored soul themes, but the sly "U-Haul" is one of the finest songs of the sort. On "Stay for a While," Anthony Hamilton's dark, ductile tenor provides the perfect foil, combining with Stone's vocals in the sexiest of duets. With the sweetest and strongest of passions flowing throughout, STONE LOVE furthers Stone's reputation as an assured soul voice.