Blu-ray Disc Features:
- Number of Discs: 5
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 15 hours, 30 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: September 14, 2010
- Originally Released: 1959
- Label: Image Entertainment
- Note: Rare, never-before-released in the U.S. unofficial pilot episode, "The Time Element", written by Rod Serling and hosted by Desi Arnaz...presented in glorious high-definition!
- 19 new audio commentaries, featuring the Twilight Zone Companion author Marc Scott Zicree, author and film historian Gary Gerani, author and music historian Steven C. Smith, music historians John Morgan ann Willian T. Stromberg, writer/producer David Simkins, writer Mark Fergus, actor William Reynolds and director Ted Post
- Interviews with actors Dana Dillaway, Suzanne Lloyd, Beverly Garland and Ron Masak
- Tales of Tomorrow episode "What You Need"
- Vintage audio interview with director of photography George T. Clemens
- 1977 syndication promos for "A Stop At Willoughby" and "The After Hours"
- 18 radio dramas
- 34 isolated music scores featuring the legendary Bernard Herrmann, Jerry Goldsmith and others!
- Audio commentaries by actors Earl Holliman, Martin Landau, Rod Taylor, Martin Milner, Kevin McCarthy and CBS executive William Self
- Vintage audio recollections with actors Burgess Meredith and Anne Francis, directors Douglas Heyes and Richard L. Bare, producer Buck Houghton and writer Richard Matheson
- Rod Serling audio lectures from Sherwood Oaks College
- Rod Serling promos for "Next Week's" show
- Original unaired pilot version of "Where Is Everybody'" with Rod Serling's network pitch
- Footage of the Emmy Awards wins for the series
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Roddy McDowall &
Ted Knight &
USA Today - 01/11/2005
"This season is widely regarded as best..."
Sight and Sound - 11/01/2005
"[T]he remarkably high production values do impress, while the standard of the acting is particularly notable."
Explore the depths of the unknown in season one of the TWILIGHT ZONE! Funny at times, heartbreaking at others, THE TWILIGHT ZONE was one of the most unique, creative television shows ever created. Rod Serling developed the series around the premise of following people as they experience things so bizarre they can only be part of a fifth dimension! Rod Serling appears at the start and finish of each episode, acting as the viewer's guide through the TWILIGHT ZONE. Consistently compelling, moral, and thought provoking, the series still inspires remakes and contemporary spin-offs today.
Season one contains many of the show's most popular episodes. All 36 episodes from the season are collected here, including: "Where is Everybody'," "One for the Angels," "Mr. Denton on Doomsday," "Sixteen-Millimeter Shrine," "Walking Distance," "Escape Clause," "The Lonely," "Time Enough at Last," "Perchance to Dream," "Judgement Night," "And Where the Sky Was Opened," "What You Need," "The Four of Us Are Dying," "Third from the Sun," "I Shot an Arrow into the Air," "The Hitch-Hiker," "The Fever," "The Last Fight," "The Purple Testament," "Elegy," "Mirror Image," "The Monsters Are Due on Maple Street," "A World of Difference," "Long Live Walter Jameson," "People Are Alike All Over," "Execution," "The Big Tall Wish," "A Nice Place to Visit," "Nightmare as a Child," "A Stop at Willoughby," "The Chaser," "A Passage for Trumpet," "Mr. Bevis," "The After Hours," "The Mighty Casey," and "A World of His Own."
Science Fiction |
Television / TV Series
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 176 ratings.
Be the first Movie Lover to
write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 117,387
- UPC: 014381642155
- Shipping Weight: 0.44/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 5 items