- Released: February 27, 1990
- Label: Arista
Rolling Stone - 5/3/904 Stars
- Excellent - "..the sleek soul mama for the 90s...the album is an ideal blend of clubland energy and the passion of soul music, a dance record you can listen to.."
"...will sweep you away not just once or twice..."
- Rating: A-
- 1.All Around the World
- 2.Mighty Love
- 3.This Is the Right Time
- 4.You Can't Deny It
- 5.What Did I Do to You?
- 6.Affection - (bonus track)
- 7.Live Together
- 9.The Love in Me
- 11.When Are You Comming Back?
- 12.Wake up Baby - (bonus track)
- 13.Way You Want It, The - (bonus track)
AFFECTION is a hit-packed album from one of the pioneering club divas of the early '90s. Lisa Stansfield's "All Around the World" was one of the biggest songs of the era, and became a chart-topper in numerous countries. With its big drum machine beats and smooth vocals from Stansfield, AFFECTION ushered in a sound that other groups and artists later aspired to achieve. AFFECTION also includes such hits as "This Is the Right Time," with its jumpy synth sounds and dance groove and "You Can't Deny It," a pop-radio staple for months after it came out. Stansfield would go on to release other hits and eventually put out a full album made up of remixes of her chart-toppers.