- Released: September 8, 2009
- Originally Released: 2009
- Label: Decca
- 1.Piano Concerto No.24 In C Minor, K.491 - 1. (Allegro)
- 2.Piano Concerto No.24 In C Minor, K.491 - 2. Larghetto
- 3.Piano Concerto No.24 In C Minor, K.491 - 3. (Allegretto)
- 4.Piano Concerto No.23 In A, K.488 - 1. Allegro
- 5.Piano Concerto No.23 In A, K.488 - 2. Adagio
- 6.Piano Concerto No.23 In A, K.488 - 3. Allegro Assai
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Widely regarded as one of the foremost Mozart interpreters of our time: Mitsuko Uchida returns, conducting the orchestra herself from the piano, with live performances of two of Mozart's most popular concertos. Mozart entered the A major Concerto, K488 into his catalogue of works on March 2, 1786: A piano concerto. In the A major concerto, the meticulous accompaniment adds a softer, more intimate sound, which is also helped by the absences of festive trumpets and timpani. On March 24, 1786, Mozart entered the concerto in C minor, K491 in his catalogue. The piece calls for the largest orchestra that he ever used in a concerto: a flute, pairs of oboes, clarinets, bassoons, horns and trumpets; timpani and strings. The expressive opening movement is shaped with its dramatic leaps and its lamenting chromatic lines.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 7 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to
write an online review of this product!
- UPC: 028947815242
- Shipping Weight: 0.20/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item