Peggy Scott-Adams Help Yourself
LOW STOCK: Only 3 copies left
|LABOR DAY SALE:||$15.19 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$2.79 (16% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: October 22, 1996
- Originally Released: 1988
- Label: Miss Butch Records
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: Peggy Scott-Adams (vocals); Rich Cason (keyboards); Jimmy Lewis (background vocals).
Recorded at Carl McGregor Studio, Van Nuys, California. Includes liner notes by Jeff Hannusch.
Personnel: Peggy Scott-Adams (vocals, background vocals); Richard Cason (keyboards); Jimmy Lewis (background vocals).
Liner Note Author: Jeff Hannusch.
Recording information: Carl McGregor Studio, Van Nuys, CA.
Arrangers: Jimmy Lewis ; Richard Cason.
Peggy Scott began her career as an opening act for some of the greatest R&B acts of the 1960s. After some minor chart success in a duo with Jo Jo Benson in the late '60s, she went on to a solo recording career. Producer/songwriter Jimmy Lewis enlisted her to record a duet with Ray Charles in 1992, and a couple of years later contacted the singer, now Peggy Scott-Adams, about a more extensive collaboration. The result was this album.
What HELP YOURSELF lacks in instrumental variety (Rich Cason's multi-tracked keyboards are the only accompaniment), it makes up for in gritty, powerful vocals and sharp, humorous songwriting. The opening cut, "Bill," takes a novel twist on a familiar theme. A straightahead, '70s-style R&B ballad, the song finds Scott-Adams lamenting her husband's cheating ways in the classic style. What distinguishes "Bill" from hundreds of other cheating songs is that the titular Bill is not her husband, but the man with whom her husband has transgressed. Songwriter Lewis' lively compositions are the perfect companion for Scott-Adams' boisterous style, offering fresh, witty takes on loving, leaving and living.
Marvin SeaseThe Best of 20th Century Masters / Millennium Collection
$8.34 LABOR DAY
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 8 ratings.
Based on 8 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD Box Set) ~ $8.48 LABOR DAY
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Jimmy Buffett Down To Earth / High Cumberland Jubilee (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 1 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE