Warner Archive Collection (series)
Clint Walker stars as trapper and U.S. military scout Yellowstone Kelly, drawn into the conflict when he saves the life of a beautiful Arapaho girl held captive by the Sioux.
|You Save:||$4.01 (20% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 2-3 business days
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 32 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: August 3, 2010
- Originally Released: 1959
- Label: Warner Archives
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Edd Byrnes, Claude Akins, Clint Walker, John Russell, Ray Danton & Rhodes Reason|
|Directed by||Gordon Douglas|
|Screenwriting by||Burt Kennedy|
|Composition by||Howard Jackson|
|Director of Photography:||Carl Guthrie|
Description by OLDIES.com:
Big man, big land, big adventure. Western fans get all three in Yellowstone Kelly, a strife-torn saga of American soldiers and Sioux warriors in the days after Little Big Horn. Clint Walker ("Cheyenne") stars as trapper and U.S. military scout Yellowstone Kelly, drawn into the conflict when he saves the life of a beautiful Arapaho girl (Andra Martin) held captive by the Sioux. She runs off, Kelly gives her shelter and all hell-for-leather breaks loose on the plains. Rich Technicolor photography provides the stunning backdrop for brawling, hoof-pounding frontier action reliably delivered by two genre greats, director Gordon Douglas and screenwriter Burt Kennedy.
Based on a book by Clay Fisher, this 1959 western has a cast loaded with television stars of the era. Clint Walker of TV's CHEYENNE appears as the title character, a trapper who befriends the American Indian tribes in his hunting territory in 1867. When the U.S. cavalry is attacked by Kelly's Sioux friends, Kelly is caught between his friendships and loyalty to his country. The troops are slaughtered by the Sioux. Kelly moves in to rescue Wahleeah (Andra Martin), an Apache Indian girl who is being held prisoner by the Sioux because she refuses to marry their chief.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 30 ratings.
Based on 30 ratings.
Be the first Movie Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 8,283
- UPC: 883316266137
- Shipping Weight: 0.27/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Abbott and Costello Meet Captain Kidd (FS) (DVD-R)
$13.34 on SALE
Alias John Law (1935) / Texas Pioneers (1932) (DVD-R)
Top ranking DVD-R:
- Banned Cartoons: A Historical Archive of the Shameful Racial Abuses of Hollywood's Yesteryear (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Charlie Chan 3-Film Collection (The Red Dragon / The Feathered Serpent / The Sky Dragon) (2-Disc) (DVD-R) ~ $21.32 on SALE
- Forbidden Cinema Presents: Vintage Smokers From the 1920s and 30s (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- The Average Woman (Silent) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Hal Roach's Early Pathe Comedies (Silent) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE