The Golden Arrow (Full Screen)
Warner Archive Collection (series)
Society-page sensation Daisy Appleby, renowned as the heiress to a cosmetic company's millions is weary of facing a revolving door of flower-bearing fops. She arranges a marriage of convenience with likable, regular-guy reporter Johnny Jones.
|You Save:||$5.19 (29% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 2-3 business days
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 8 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: June 15, 2010
- Originally Released: 1935
- Label: Warner Archives
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Bette Davis, Carol Hughes, George Brent, Eugene Pallette, Dick Foran & Craig Reynolds|
|Directed by||Alfred E. Green|
|Screenwriting by||Giorgio Prosperi & Charles Kenyon|
|Composition by||Leo F. Forbstein, W. Franke Harling & Heinz Roemheld|
|Director of Photography:||Arthur Edeson|
Description by OLDIES.com:
Fortune-hunting playboys woo her. Newshounds clamor for the scoop on her romances. But society-page sensation Daisy Appleby, renowned as the heiress to a cosmetic company's millions, has a plan. Weary of facing a revolving door of flower-bearing fops, she arranges a marriage of convenience with likable, regular-guy reporter Johnny Jones. In exchange, Johnny will receive a weekly stipend so he can quit work and write his novel. That's the plan. Watch it all comically unravel as Bette Davis and George Brent star in a frothy screwball concoction that's one of 11 features they made together. Alfred E. Green directs; he guided Davis the year before in her Best Actress Oscar-winning Dangerous.
Bette Davis plays a facial cream heiress in this middling comedy, which Warner Bros. filmed partially in Florida. Mistaking George Brent for a fellow socialite, Bette quickly marries him only to discover that he is a penniless reporter searching for peace and quiet to finish the great American novel. As it turns out, Bette is not who she claims to be, either, but a waitress hired by the perfume company as a sort of advertising gimmick. Fearing she may lose George if he learns the truth, she goes out of her way to hide her true identity, to the point where the exasperated young man finds solace with Carol Hughes, a true blue blood. Everything works out in the end, of course, and the couple is reunited.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 3 ratings.
Based on 3 ratings.
Be the first Movie Lover to write an online review of this product!
Abbott and Costello Meet Captain Kidd (FS) (DVD-R)
$13.34 on SALE
Top ranking titles in the Comedy genre:
- The Golden Age of Cartoons: Cultoons! Rare, Lost and Strange Cartoons! Ads and Oddities (DVD) ~ $1.58 on SALE
- The Golden Age of Cartoons: Attack of the 30's Characters - Cartoon Classics from All Eight Major American Animation Studios (DVD) ~ $1.58 on SALE
- Houseboat (DVD) ~ $5.37 on SALE
- Foul Play (DVD) ~ $4.87 LABOR DAY
- Foreplay (DVD) ~ 79¢ on SALE
Top ranking DVD-R:
- Banned Cartoons: A Historical Archive of the Shameful Racial Abuses of Hollywood's Yesteryear (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- King of The Wild (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Forbidden Cinema Presents: Vintage Smokers From the 1920s and 30s (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- The Strip Tease Murder Case (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- The Clutching Hand (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE