DJ Jazzy Jeff The Magnificent
- Released: August 12, 2002
- Originally Released: 2002
- Label: Rapster
Entertainment Weekly - 8/16/02, p.72"...These sublimely fluid grooves have heart..." - Rating: B+
Q - 10/02, p.1063 stars out of 5 - "...A smart mixed bag..."
Vibe - p.74"[O]ne part MPC-crafted percussion, two-arts cascading Rhodes keyboards, heavy on the tremolo....Jeff still proves he has shelf life left..."
XXL (Magazine) (p.133) - "Jeff reaffirms his affinity for subtle arrangements, sampled break beats and deft scratches."
- 1.Magnificent, The - (featuring Pauly Yamz / Baby Blak)
- 2.Shake It Off - (featuring Chef)
- 3.For da Love of da Game - (featuring Pauly Yamz / Baby Blak)
- 4.Worldwide - (featuring Baby Blak / Baby Yamz)
- 5.How I Do - (featuring Shawn Stockman)
- 6.Break It Down - (featuring J-Live)
- 7.Musik Lounge - (featuring Odyssey)
- 8.Rock Wit U - (featuring Eric Roberson)
- 9.Scram - (featuring Freddie Foxxx)
- 10.My People - (featuring Raheim)
- 11.Know Ur Hood - (featuring Pauly Yamz / Chef)
- 12.Love Saviour - (featuring Flo Brown / Raheim)
- 13.Mystery Man - (featuring The Last Emperor)
- 14.We Are - (featuring Cy Young / Raheim)
- 15.Charmed Life, A - (featuring J-Live)
- 16.We Live in Philly - (featuring Jill Scott)
- 17.In Time - (featuring V)
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: DJ Jazzy Jeff; Jill Scott, V, Pauly Yamz, Baby Blak, Chef, Shawn Stockman, J-Live, Odyssey, Eric Roberson, Freddie Foxxx, Raheim. Flo Brown, The Last Emperor, Cy Young.
Personnel: DJ Jazzy Jeff (scratches); Ben Kenney (guitar); Igor Szwec, Emma Kummrow (violin); Alexandra Leem (viola); Pete Kuzma (organ, keyboards, vibraphone); Patrick Sean McLain (keyboards); Luisito Quintero (congas); DJ Babu, DJ Revolution, Excel, Satone, Jay Ski, Q-Bert (scratches); Eric Roberson, Valvin Roane, Jeff Townes, Raheem DeVaughn, Shawn Stockman (background vocals).
Recording information: A Touch Of Jazz Studios, Philadelphia, PA; Pulse Stuidios, Staten Island, NY.
Photographer: Mike Diver.
Rap fans that only associate Jazzy Jeff with the image of him getting tossed out of the house by Uncle Phil need to wake up. On his excellent and aptly titled debut release, 2002's THE MAGNIFICENT, DJ Jazzy Jeff brought his production and scratch talents to a new generation of hip-hop listeners. With the sequel, THE RETURN OF THE MAGNIFICENT EP, Jeff continues to do his thing, proving himself every bit as skilled behind the boards as a 9th Wonder or a Pete Rock or any one of his purist super-producer contemporaries. Short but sweet with just five cuts, THE RETURN OF THE MAGNIFICENT sees Jeff collaborating with Rhymefest, Little Brother, CL Smooth, and Neo-Jazz vocalist Raheem DeVaughn.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 25 ratings.
Based on 25 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!