Jamiroquai High Times: Singles 1992-2006-Limited (Limited)
- Number of Discs: 2
- Released: November 6, 2006
- Originally Released: 2006
- Label: Sony/BMG Int'l
Q - p.1503 stars out of 5 -- "'Too Young To Die' and 'Space Cowboy' hold up well....Jamiroquai has always been a consistent proposition."
Uncut - p.1014 stars out of 5 -- "Kay's charisma danced over the pop/soul divide and gave him a global appeal beyond any Britpop peer."
Tracks on Disc 1:
- 1.When You Gonna Learn
- 2.Too Young to Die
- 3.Blow Your Mind
- 4.Emergency on Planet Earth
- 5.Space Cowboy
- 6.Virtual Insanity
- 7.Cosmic Girl
- 9.High Times
- 10.Deeper Underground
- 11.Canned Heat
- 12.Little L
- 13.Love Foolosophy
- 14.Corner of the Earth
- 15.Feels Just Like It Should
- 16.Seven Days in Sunny June
- 17.(Don't) Give Hate a Chance
Tracks on Disc 2:
- 1.Emergency on Planet Earth [Masters at Work Remix]
- 2.Space Cowboy [David Morales Remix]
- 3.Love Foolosophy [Knee Deep Remix]
- 4.Little L [Bob Sinclair Remix]
- 5.Cosmic Girl [Tom Belton Remix]
- 6.Dynamite [Restless Souls Remix]
- 7.Seven Days in Sunny June [Ashley Beedle Heavy Disco Vocal Remix]
- 8.Virtual Insanity [Saleem Remi Remix]
- 9.You Give Me Something [Blacksmith R&B Remix]
- 10.Supersonic [Restless Souls Remix]
Personnel: Jay Kay (vocals, bass voice, synthesizer, background vocals); Mike Patto (keyboards); Paul Stoney, Mike Spencer (programming).
Audio Mixers: Mike Neilson; Mike Nielson ; Jay Kay; Al Stone; Mark McGuire ; Toni Economides; Mike Spencer.
Audio Remasterer: Tom Coyne.
Audio Remixers: David Morales ; Tom Belton; Masters at Work; Ashley Beedle; Bob Sinclar; Phil Asher.
Liner Note Author: Dan Gennoe.
Recording information: 12A Studio, Brighton.
Photographers: James Dimmock; Rick Guest; Chris Lopez .
Arranger: Jay Kay.
Old-school R&B fans might raise an eyebrow at Jamiroquai's retro-styled music, which blends Stevie Wonder-esque soul with elements of acid jazz and clubby groove, but there's no arguing with the artist's impressive string of singles. HIGH TIMES: SINGLES 1992-2006 brings together 19 of those hits under one cover.
Singer and frontman Jay Kay is the focus, and his varying line-ups always provide plenty of slick, tight funk. With a range of tunes reaching back to the early '90s for hits like "When You Gonna Learn" and continuing right through to cuts from the 2005 release DYNAMITE, the set provides an ideal overview of the U.K. star's career. Obvious reference points notwithstanding, Jamiroquai's music is buoyant and fun, and HIGH TIMES, with its tasty array of energetic dancefloor fillers, makes good on its title.
Live from Abbey Road - The Best of Season 1 (2-Disc Blu-ray)
Out of StockSave for Later
WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD)
$2.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 37 ratings.
Based on 37 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 3 - Disc 2 (CD)
$1.98 on SALE