Imagination In the Heat of the Night
Hurry! Only 1 copy left Sorry no back-orders
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$12.97 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$3.01 (19% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by The Doobie Brothers ~ Minute By Minute ~ $5.12
- Released: May 29, 1996
- Originally Released: 1982
- Label: Br Music Holland
- 1.In The Heat of The Night
- 2.Heart 'N' Soul
- 3.Music and Lights
- 4.All Night Loving
- 5.Just An Illusion
- 6.All I Want To Know
- 7.One More Love
- 9.In The Heat of The Night (Single Edit)
- 10.Music and Lights (Single Edit)
- 11.Just An Illusion (Single Edit)
- 12.Changes (Single Edit)
U.K. synth-dance trio Imagination's second album was 1982's IN THE HEAT OF THE NIGHT, produced by Tony Swain and Steve Jolley (Spandau Ballet, Bananarama) and featuring three hit singles, "Changes," "Just an Illusion" and "Music and Lights."
Liner Note Author: Leee John.
Recording information: Red Bus.
Arranger: Steve Jolley.
Imagination's most substantial moments lie in this seamless sophomore effort. The formula is close to that of 1981's Body Talk: Lee John's angelic and serene falsetto surrounded by Ashley Ingram's voluptuous tenor vocals and darkly textured keyboard riffs and Errol Kennedy's steady, subtle, funky backbeat. Yet the tempo is varied a bit more with the onset of three ballads and some slightly more aggressive up-tempo tracks. Four singles were released to success in the U.K., with three crossing over to U.S. shores: the groovy, underground dance number "Changes" (R&B number 46) with a contagious chorus and nabbing percussion breakdown pattern used throughout the tune; the equally insidious "Just an Illusion" (R&B number 27); the moody title track; and "Music and Lights" (R&B number 52). In addition to these treats, the elegant slow-groover "All Night Loving" and the disco-influenced "Heart 'N' Soul," a softly splashy early house effort (check the colorful keyboard solo) that segues into "Music and Lights" are particularly notable. Interestingly, Kennedy stopped his involvement with writing on this set, but John and Ingram continued these duties, along with producers Tony Swain and Steve Jolley. ~ Justin M. Kantor
The Best of the 1910 Fruitgum Company: Simon Says (CD)(17)
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 6 ratings.
Based on 6 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Absolute Hits - Top Hits of the 60s: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 80s: Groovin' Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Jukebox Hits of the 70s, Volume 4 & 5 (2-CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock (10-CD Set) ~ $19.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 2 - Disc 1 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE