Will Downing Pleasures of the Night
|You Save:||$0.63 (3% Off)|
Out of Print: Future availability is unknown
- by Will Downing ~ The Best of 20th Century Masters / Millennium Collection ~ $4.77
- by Will Downing ~ Emotions ~ $16.40
- by Will Downing ~ Invitation Only ~ $6.74
- by Will Downing ~ Moods ~ $6.74
- Released: September 29, 1998
- Originally Released: 1998
- Label: Polygram Records
- 1.Pleasures of the Night - (North American Indian)
- 2.Nearness of You, The - (North American Indian)
- 3.Stop, Look, Listen to Your Heart - (North American Indian)
- 5.Like a Lover - (North American Indian)
- 6.Look of Love, The - (North American Indian)
- 7.Here's That Rainy Day - (North American Indian)
- 8.Back to the Roots
- 9.We'll Be Together Again - (North American Indian)
- 10.Girl Blue - (North American Indian)
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: Will Downing (vocals); Gerald Albright (soprano, alto & tenor saxophones, flute, alto flute); Paul Jackson Jr. (guitar); Ronnie Foster (acoustic & electric piano, organ, synthesizer); John Beasley, Bobby Lyle, Patrice Rushen (piano); Dave Delhomme (keyboards); Jimmy Haslip (acoustic & electric basses); Tony Dumas, Kenny Wild (acoustic bass); Abraham Laboriel (electric bass); Harvey Mason, Land Richards, John Robinson, Marvin "Smitty" Smith (drums); Luis Conte (percussion); Chris Cameron (string arrangements).
Producers: Ronnie Foster, Will Downing, Gerald Albright.
Engineers include: Don Murray, Anthony Jeffries, Tommy Vicari.
Personnel: Will Downing (vocals, background vocals); Paul Jackson, Jr. (guitar); Gerald Albright (flute, alto flute, soprano saxophone, alto saxophone, tenor saxophone); Ronnie Foster (organ, keyboards, synthesizer); Patrice Rushen, Bobby Lyle (keyboards); Jimmy Haslip (acoustic bass, bass guitar); Tony Dumas (acoustic bass); John "J.R." Robinson , Harvey Mason, Sr. , Land Richards, Marvin "Smitty" Smith (drums); Luis Conte (percussion).
Audio Mixer: Anthony Jeffries.
Recording information: Bimmer Studios; Bright Music Studios; Cherokee Studios, Los Angels, CA; O'Henry Studios, North Holl; Thousand Oaks, CA.
Photographers: Uwe Ommer; Will Downing.
Crossover, thy name is Downing. PLEASURES of the night, a collaboration between vocalist Will Downing and sax/flute wizard Gerald Albright, crosses so many genre lines that its appeal must be unprecedentedly broad. With the able assistance of ace jazz drummer Marvin "Smitty" Smith, pianist Patrice Rushen and others, Downing and Albright combine contemporary R&B, top 40 pop, lite jazz and traditional pop vocal stylings on an album that, for all its stylistic wandering, remains undeniably cohesive. Backed by the warm, fluid filigrees of Albright, Downing turns the Beatles' classic "Michelle" into a jazz tune, turns Sinatra-esque on "The Nearness of You" and makes a convincing R&B loveman on the sensuous "Stop, Look & Listen to Your Heart."
The Best of 20th Century Masters / Millennium Collection (CD)
$4.77 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 48 ratings.
Based on 48 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD)
$19.98 on SALE