Will Downing Emotions
|LABOR DAY SALE:||$16.47 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$2.51 (13% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: October 14, 2003
- Originally Released: 2003
- Label: Grp Records
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: Will Downing (vocals); Ira Siegal, Norman Brown, Wayne Bruce, Dwight Sills, Phillip Hamilton, Paul Jackson, Jr. (guitar); Gerald Albright, Kirk Whalum (tenor saxophone); Nicholas Payton (trumpet); Chris Davis, Rex Rideout, George Duke, Barry Eastmond, Ronnie Foster (keyboards); Dwayne 'Smitty" Smith, Alex Al, Melvin Davis, Ronnie Garrett, Ron Jerkins (bass); Michael White, John Robinson, Bernard Davis (drums); Luis Conte, Bashiri Johnson (percussion); Isaac Coleman, Kim Brewer, Nikki Richards (background vocals).
Producers include: Will Downing, Chris Davis, Ronnie Foster, Rex Rideout, Barry J. Eastmond.
Personnel: Will Downing (vocals, background vocals); Dwight Sills, Ira Siegel, Philip Hamilton, Norman Brown, Paul Jackson, Jr. , Wayne Bruce (guitar); Gerald Albright, Kirk Whalum (saxophone); George Duke, Rex Rideout, Ronnie Foster, Chris "Big Dog" Davis (keyboards); Mike White, John "J.R." Robinson , Bernard Davis (drums); Luis Conte, Bashiri Johnson (percussion); Darcy Aldridge, Audrey Wheeler Downing, Tyrone Corbett, Isaac Clemmon, Gordon Chambers, Kimberly Brewer, Lauren Evans, Nicki Richards (background vocals).
Audio Mixers: Erik Zobler; Charles "Prince Charles" Alexander ; Ray Bardani; Bryan New.
Recording information: Bimmer Studio; Knoop Stusio; LA FX; Quad Studio; Shelter Island Studio; The Hit Factory, New York, NY; Track record; Unique Studio; Zobiz Studio.
Photographer: Kwaku Alston.
To the untrained eye, silken-voiced Will Downing may seem merely an R&B journeyman, making solid, soulful records year after year, just on the edge of stardom. However, there has to be more to an artist whose first hit single is an update of John Coltrane's "A Love Supreme." And, indeed, EMOTIONS, the singer's tenth album, features a jazz undercurrent (no, not Kenny G "jazz"), sincerely channeling the spirit of Bill Withers and Al Green records past.
EMOTIONS opens with a tender jam (gutsily "for the fellas"), "A Million Ways," which asserts "making love ain't just in the bed." In this chronicle of the simple ways to please a woman, Downing creates such a smooth groove that the complexities of love seem rather basic. Later in the album, he manages to discover a new angle to the oft-covered "Hey There Lonely Girl," his baritone contrasting with the falsetto of the most famous version. Will Downing's been at it for decades, but he shows on EMOTIONS that after all this time, he can still summon up the most sensual recesses of the soul.
The Best of 20th Century Masters / Millennium Collection (CD)
$4.77 LABOR DAY
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 32 ratings.
Based on 32 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking titles in the R&B / Soul genre:
- War Me And Baby Brother / Ballero (45) ~ $2.99 on SALE
- Various Artists WDAS 105.3FM - Classic Soul Hits, Volume 5 (2-CD) ~ $8.48 LABOR DAY
- The Gap Band Early In The Morning / Open Your Mind (Wide) (45) ~ $2.99 on SALE
- Various Artists Soul Classics, Volume 1 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- The Drifters There Goes My Baby: 10-Song Collection (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD Box Set) ~ $8.48 LABOR DAY
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Jimmy Buffett Down To Earth / High Cumberland Jubilee (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 1 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE