Ciara The Evolution
Only 9 copies left
|You Save:||$0.80 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: December 5, 2006
- Label: La Face
Rolling Stone - p.1263 stars out of 5 -- "Packed with electro beats and Miami bass, cuts like 'I Proceed' and 'Bang It Up' blend hooks and underground club chicness."
Entertainment Weekly - p.96"'Like A Boy' is a Ciara song par excellence: a stirring revenge fantasy, sung over symphonic keyboard stabs....The dance songs are rugged and terrific." -- Grade: B+
Q - p.1233 stars out of 5 -- "[A] superbly consistent R&B collection with the Fiddy team-up 'Can't Leave 'Em Alone' a sure-fire future hit..."
Vibe - p.112"Quiet-storm throwback 'Promise' finds Ciara's Vanity 6-esque vocals nuzzling soft synth beats."
- 1.That's Right - (with Lil Jon)
- 2.Like a Boy
- 3.Evolution of Music, The (Interlude)
- 5.I Proceed
- 6.Can't Leave 'Em Alone - (with 50 Cent)
- 8.My Love
- 9.Evolution of Dance, The (Interlude)
- 10.Make It Last Forever
- 11.Bang It Up
- 12.Get Up - (with Chamillionaire)
- 13.Evolution of Fashion, The (Interlude)
- 14.Get in, Fit In
- 15.Evolution of C, The (Interlude)
- 16.So Hard
- 17.I'm Just Me
- 18.I Found Myself
Personnel: Elvis Williams (vocals, keyboards); Craig Love, Tony Reyes (guitar); Bryan-Michael Cox (strings, keyboards, drums, programming); Kendrick "Wyldcard" Dean (strings, keyboards); Dallas Austin (keyboards, drums); will.i.am (keyboards, drum programming); James Phillips, Jonathon "Lil' Jon" Smith (keyboards).
Audio Mixers: John Frye; Kevin "KD" Davis; Dylan Dresdow; Jonathon "Lil' Jon" Smith; Phil Tan; Sam Thomas ; Leslie Brathwaite.
Recording information: 2nd Floor Studios, Atlantic City, NJ; Chalice Studios, Los Angeles, CA; Chamillitary Studios, Houston, TXRecord Plant, Hollywoo; Chung King Studios, New York, NY; Darp Studios, Atlanta, GA; King Of Crunk Studios, Los Angeles, CA; Silent Sound Studios, Atlanta, GA; South Beach Studios, Miami, FL; The Studio, Philadelphia, PA; Tree Sound Studios, Norcross, GA.
Director: S.A. Baron.
Photographer: Markus Klinko.
On 2006's THE EVOLUTION, Ciara's follow-up to her breakthrough album, GOODIES, the Atlanta-based singer offers an assured set of songs that expand her signature crunk-leaning R&B sound. Featuring a cadre of ubiquitous producers, most notably the Black Eyed Peas' will.i.am and the Neptunes' Pharrell, and a handful of superstar rappers (50 Cent and Lil Jon, among others), the record largely finds Ciara in a poppier mode, as best revealed on the sensual, synth-heavy "Promise" and "Get Up," a frenetic dance number that incorporates Chamillionaire's deft rhymes to great effect. While GOODIES marked Ciara's arrival as a major R&B/hip-hop star, THE EVOLUTION cements her status as an artist who can work both within and outside of those stylistic boundaries.
1. Ciara And Dancers Teach Moves From "Get Up".
2. "Get Up" Music Video
3. Ciara And Dancers Teach Moves From "Promise".
4. "Promise" Music Video
5. Behind The Scenes Of "Promise"
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 114 ratings.
Based on 114 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Storm Warning: Philly Original Soul Classics, Volume 1 (CD)(2)
$13.95 on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Best of Chicago Garage Bands - The Quill Records Story (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- The Herd Very Best of I Can Fly (Featuring Peter Frampton) (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 3 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 1 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE