The Temptations Motown Legends: My Girl
|You Save:||$2.01 (25% Off)|
Out of Print: Future availability is unknown
- by The Temptations ~ Cloud Nine ~ $9.72
- Released: March 14, 2006
- Originally Released: 2004
- Label: Collectables Records
- Original Album: Motown 38525 (1994)
Description by OLDIES.com:
A budget-priced 11-track collection of favorites from The Temptations. All original recordings.
- 1.My Girl
- 2.I'm Ready For Love
- 3.Don't Look Back
- 4.You've Really Got A Hold On Me
- 6.(I Know) I'm Losing You
- 7.My Baby
- 8.Two Sides To Love
- 9.I've Passed This Way Before
- 10.Girl (Why You Wanna Make Me Blue)
- 11.The End Of Our Road
All songs written or co-written by William Robinson or Norman Whitfield except "I'm Ready For Love" (Brian Holland/Lamont Dozier/Eddie Holland, Jr.), "Paradise" (Berry Gordy) and "I've Passed This Way Before" (William Weatherspoon/James Dean).
This is part of ESX Entertainment's Motown Legends series.
The Motown Legends series are all compact, tight packages, and this ten-song compilation of Temptations sides is no exception. The tunes range from the pre-David Ruffin era to songs from the I Wish It Would Rain LP. Al Bryant sang with the Temptations when they cut "Paradise," a '50s-sounding number led by a young full-throated Eddie Kendricks doing a Frankie Valli imitation in his most hysterical falsetto. It begins with Melvin Franklin's deep bass and features some thumping harmonies. Fans unfamiliar with the pre-"The Way You Do the Things You Do" Temptations will be surprised at the sound. On "Two Sides to Love," Kendricks is more relaxed; the beautiful ballad was one of the more popular songs on the With a Lot of Soul album. The late Paul Williams' definitive lead on "Don't Look Back" is as eloquent as ever. Williams sounds like an elder instructing a youth on the perils of love. Richard Street leads a driving rendition of Gladys Knight & the Pips' "The End of Our Road" that nearly rivals the original. Ruffin shines on "I Know (I'm Losing You,") an uptempo monster that begins with a killer Cornelius Grant guitar riff that grabs you from the get-go. His rendition of "I've Passed This Way Before" is slower then big brother Jimmy Ruffin's, and isn't as arresting. And his remake of Martha & the Vandellas' "I'm Ready for Love" is strictly MOR; in fact, it was pulled from the Temptations' In a Mellow Mood set. Four different lead singers are featured, with the most prominent missing-in-actions being Dennis Edwards, Damon Harris, Ali Woodson and Glenn Leonard. ~ Andrew Hamilton
Jackie WilsonThe Best of Jackie Wilson (1957-1965), Volume 1 (CD)
$5.97 on SALE
20th Century Masters - The Millennium Collection: The Best... (CD)
$4.48 Super Savings
Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 4 (6-CD Box Set)
$14.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 7 ratings.
Based on 7 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock (10-CD Set) ~ $19.98 on SALE
- Various Artists KFRC 99.7FM - Motown, Soul & Rock 'N Roll: Rock 'N Roll (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists WJMK 104.3 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 60s (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE