The Chieftains Chieftains Celebration
|You Save:||$2.01 (25% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: March 14, 2006
- Originally Released: 2005
- Label: Collectables Records
- Original Album: RCA Victor 78582-RC (1989)
Description by OLDIES.com:
A budget-priced reissue of the Chieftain's 1989 album, "A Chieftains Celebration."
Uncut - 8/02, p.1003 out of 5 - "...The Chieftains are a treasure and every home should have at least one of their albums..."
- 1.O'Mahoney's Frolics
- 3.Coolin Medley
- 4.Here's A Health To The Company
- 5.Planxty Browne, The William Davis's, Lady Wrixon
- 6.Boffyflow And Spike (With Van Morrison)
- 7.The Strayaway Child
- 8.The Iron Man
- 9.The Wexford Carol (With Nanci Griffith)
- 10.Gaftai Baile Bui
- 11.Millennium Celtic Suite
"Millennium Celtic Suite" was composed to celebrate Dublin's 1,000 years. This track includes music from various Celtic countries.
The Chieftains: Kevin Conneff (vocals, bodhran); Martin Fay, Sean Keane (fiddle); Derek Bell (harp, tiompan, harpsichord); Matt Molloy (flute); Paddy Moloney (Uilleann pipes, tin whistle).
Additional personnel includes: Van Morrison (vocals, guitar); Nanci Griffith (vocals).
Recorded at Windmill Studios, Dublin, Ireland in May & June 1988 and live at Gaiety Theatre, Dublin, Ireland in July 1988.
The Chieftains have been recording prolifically since the early 1960's. Now in their fifth decade, these ambassadors of Irish music have captured the attention of fans who otherwise would not be afforded the opportunity to travel to the pubs of ol' Eire where this music is typically performed.
On A CHIEFTAINS CELEBRATION (1988), Paddy Maloney and the boys bring to life the sounds of traditional reels, jigs, airs, and more. Additionally, the Chieftains are joined by special guests including American country singer Nanci Griffith, Irish pop singer Van Morrison, and even a string orchestra. The highlight of the album is "Millennium Celtic Suite," an epic piece that Maloney composed to celebrate Dublin's 1,000 years; it includes music from most of the Celtic countries. Here too, the Chieftains are joined by instrumentalists and singers from Brittany and Galicia, as well as Scottish and Northumbrian bagpipers.
The Clancy Brothers / Tommy MakemThe Best of The Clancy Brothers and Tommy Makem (CD)
$3.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 50,988
- UPC: 090431840726
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
International: Irish Music Categories:
- Altan Altan (CD) ~ $15.28
- Altan The Best of The Songs (CD) ~ $16.18
- Arcady Many Happy Returns (CD) ~ $16.18
- Mary Black Babes in the Wood (CD) ~ $16.18
- Mary Black Circus (CD) ~ $17.16
- 45 RPM "Doo Wop & Acappella" Starlight Sessions (CD) ~ $6.49 on SALE
- 49th Street 49th Street (CD) ~ $6.49 on SALE
- The 5th Dimension Up Up and Away - The Encore Collection (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
- Gregory Abbott Rhyme & Reason (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
- The Aces Combo Introducing The Aces Combo (CD) ~ $6.49 on SALE