Ludwig Van Beethoven Liszt: Piano Transcriptions of Beethoven's Symphonies Nos. 5 & 6 (First Movement)
|You Save:||$0.70 (8% Off)|
Currently Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
- by Johann Sebastian Bach ~ Bach: Concertos for Piano and Orchestra Nos. 1-5 & 7 (The Glenn Gould Edition) ~ $17.98
- by Glenn Gould ~ The Art of Glenn Gould ~ $7.55
- by Ludwig Van Beethoven ~ The Glenn Gould Edition: Ludwig Van Beethoven Piano Sonatas, Volume II (Nos. 15-18, No. 23, Nos.... ~ $17.21
- Released: October 13, 1992
- Originally Released: 1992
- Label: Sony
- 1.Symphony No. 5 In C Minor, Op. 67: I. Allegro con brio
- 2.Symphony No. 5 In C Minor, Op. 67: Ii. Andante con moto
- 3.Symphony No. 5 In C Minor, Op. 67: Iii. Allegro
- 4.Symphony No. 5 In C Minor, Op. 67: Iv. Allegro
- 5.Symphony No. 6 In F Major, Op. 68: Awakening of Cheerful Feelings Upon Arrival In The Country: Allegro ma non troppo
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
None of Liszt's ingenuous Beethoven symphony transcriptions had been recorded when Glenn Gould charted virgin territory in 1967 with the Fifth. Not only does Gould take Liszt's prodigious technical demands in stride, he also turns in what may be his best Beethoven playing on record. The pianist brings a kind of rhythmic acuity to the outer movements that makes many orchestral versions seem tame in comparison, even those with faster tempos. Gould's genius for sustaining tension at slow tempos is fully revealed in the second movement, in which each phrase is timed to a T. The first movement of the Pastorale flows more assuredly and accurately than in Gould's CBC Radio performance of the entire transcription. It's a pity Gould abandoned his plans to record the entire cycle. --Jed Distler
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 8 ratings.
Based on 8 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
WCBS FM101.1 - Motown, Soul & Great Rock 'N Roll: Soul (CD)(2)
$2.98 on SALE