- Rated: R
- Run Time: 1 hours, 35 minutes
- Video: Color
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Released: September 25, 2007
- Originally Released: 1983
- Label: Lions Gate
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.85
- Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo - English
- Additional Release Material:
- Audio Commentary: Lewis Teague - Director
- Interviews: Lewis Teague - Director; Daniel H. Blatt - Producer; Robert Singer - Producer; Dee Wallace - Star; Dan Pintauro - Star
- DOG DAYS: THE MAKING OF CUJO Part 1
- DOG DAYS: THE MAKING OF CUJO Part 2
- DOG DAYS: THE MAKING OF CUJO Part 3
Performers, Cast and Crew:
New York Times - 08/13/1983
"...Suspenseful and scary. The performances are simple and effective..."
Variety - 08/17/1983
"...Well-made....[The] lensing is very attractive....Charles Bernstein's score is nicely modulated..."
Based on Stephen King's novel about a new England family beset by a murderous terror: the family dog.
In a bizarre case of nature versus humanity, a Saint Bernard infected with rabies by a diseased bat attacks a mother and her son. When the family becomes trapped in their car, they must depend on their wits to defeat the crazed canine.