Claude Bolling Bolling's Greatest Hits
|You Save:||$0.80 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: October 25, 1990
- Originally Released: 1990
- Label: Sony
- 1.From Suite For Flute & Jazz Piano Trio, No 1: Baroque and Blue
- 2.From Suite For Flute & Jazz Piano Trio, No 1: Sentimentale
- 3.From Suite For Violin & Jazz Piano Trio: Ragtime
- 4.From Suite For Cello & Jazz Piano Trio: Baroque In Rhythm
- 5.From Concerto For Classic Guitar & Jazz Piano Trio: Africaine
- 6.From Suite For Flute & Jazz Piano Trio, No 2: Jazzy
- 7.From Toot Suite: Mystique
- 8.From Picnic Suite: Canon
- 9.From Picnic Suite: Tendre
- 10.From Suite For Flute & Jazz Piano Trio, No 2: Amoureuse
- 11.From Toot Suite: Rag - Polka
- 12.From California Suite: Black Folks
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: Claude Bolling (piano); Alexandre Lagoya (guitar); Pinchas Zukerman (violin); Yo-Yo Ma (cello); Hubert Laws, Jean-Pierre Rampal , Bud Shank (flute); Maurice Andr‚ (cornet); Shelly Manne, Jean-Luc Dayan, Daniel Humair, Marcel Sabiani (drums); Vincent Cordelette (percussion).
Recording information: 1975-1986.
CBS attempts to summarize Claude Bolling's voluminous output of classical/jazz suites with Bolling's Greatest Hits, a single disc of excerpts from eight of them. All of the CBS issues up to 1987 except Suite for Chamber Orchestra and Jazz Piano Trio are represented; the list of classical collaborators is impressive -- Jean-Pierre Rampal, Maurice Andre, Alexander Lagoya, Yo-Yo Ma, Pinchas Zukerman. Along with Bolling's changing French rhythm sections, American jazzmen like Hubert Laws, Bud Shank, Chuck Domanico, and Shelly Manne are here as well. While CBS' mad programmer manages to choose the best cut on the Suite for Cello and Jazz Piano Trio ("Baroque in Rhythm"), the most famous numbers on the First Suite ("Baroque and Blue," "Sentimentale"), and the most astonishing piece in the Suite for Flute and Jazz Piano Trio, Vol. 2 ("Jazzy"), the Toot Suite is poorly represented by "Mystique" and "Rag-Polka." Yet this disc will give you the basic idea about Bolling's likable mergers of idioms, and casual browsers may not need anything else. ~ Richard S. Ginell
Bolling: Suite No. 2 for flute & jazz piano trio (CD)(12)
$6.14 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 7 ratings.
Based on 7 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!