Biggs, E. Power The Biggs Bach Book
|You Save:||$0.79 (10% Off)|
Temporarily Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
- Released: November 15, 1988
- Originally Released: 1988
- Label: Sony
- 1.March In D Major, Anh. 122
- 2.Polonaise In G Minor, Anh. 119
- 3.Menuett In G Major, Anh. 114
- 4.Menuett In G Minor, Anh. 115
- 5.Menuett In G Major, Anh. 116
- 6.Musette In D Major, Anh. 126
- 7.Polonaise In G Minor, Anh. 125
- 8.Menuett In D Minor, Anh. 132
- 9.Polonaise In G Major, Anh. 130
- 10.Menuet fait par Mons. B hm
- 11.March In G Major, Anh. 124
- 12.Aria: Be Thou But Near - Bwv 508
- 13.Chorale: How Content Am I - Bwv 517
- 14.Chorale: Deal With Me, Lord, As Thou Will - Bwv 514
- 15.Suite In A Major: Gigue In A Major, Bwv 824
- 16.Cantata No. 79: Now Thank We All Our God
- 17.Chorale: Now Thank We All Our God
- 18.Birthday Cantata No. 208: Aria: Sheep May Safely Graze
- 19.Chorale Prelude For Organ: Sleepers, Awake!
- 20.Cantata No. 140: Chorale: Glory Now To Thee Be Given
- 21.Cantata No. 156: Sinfonia (Ariso) - Adagio
- 22.Chorale Prelude For Organ: A Mighty Fortress Is Our God
- 23.Chorale: A Mighty Fortress Is Our God
- 24.Cantata No. 147: Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring
Personnel: E. Power Biggs (organ).
Recording information: 1960S.
Engaging and cordial, these splendid performances of some of Bach's finest compositions breath to life through this recording with the assistance and inspiration of organist E. Power Biggs. Light, lush and radiant, these beautiful organ melodies take the listener on a journey to paradise, and to the top of the world's classical music heaven, feeling like one has met J. S. Bach personally. Such a definitive collection put together and sold on the market within the last three decades is quite rare, especially for such a classy label as Columbia. Featured on the first side of this record are quite a few fresh and merry Minuets in both major and minor keys, lasting no more than a minute. Not until the second side do we see the scope and length of Bach's longer pieces, as they are so pleasantly absorbed into the ears and hearts of the listening audience. Perhaps a highlight in the record can be the Aria, the Birthday Cantata no. 208, an eclectic, romantic, and at times maddening piece clocking to five and a half minutes. This collection of Bach is meant to stir the listening soul, turn on the ears of the passive listener and have the listener find a new direction in their lives through the uplifting and reflective power of the music itself. ~ Shawn M. Haney
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 12 ratings.
Based on 12 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!