Fantasy Warehouse Clearance Sale (series)
LOW STOCK: Only 1 copy left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$4.19 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$5.79 (58% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Fantasy Warehouse Clearance Sale product may be specifically marked for one-way sale
- Released: October 28, 2002
- Originally Released: 2002
- Label: Telarc
- 1.Sleepy Hollow, film score: End Theme (includes SFX: The Legend Lives)
- 2.The Nightmare Before Christmas, film score: This is Halloween
- 3.Beetlejuice, film score: Themes
- 4.SFX: Haunted Fun House
- 5.The Addams Family, television series theme
- 6.Tubular Bells: [Unspecified excerpt]
- 7.Ghostbusters! (for the film "Ghostbusters")
- 8.The Munsters, television series theme
- 9.Martian Hop
- 10.Tales from the Crypt, TV score: Theme
- 11.Monster Mash
- 12.Shining, film score, The (1980): Opening (based on the ancient Dies Irae)
- 14.Haunting, film score, The (1999): The Carousel
- 15.Dark Shadows, television series theme
- 16.Beware the Blob (for the film The Blob)
- 17.Attack of the Killer Tomatoes (for the film)
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
This is a hybrid Super Audio CD playable on both regular and Super Audio CD players.
Personnel: Joe McBride (vocals, keyboards); Julie Spangler, Nikki Gregoroff (vocals); Chandler Webber (saxophone).
Liner Note Author: Richard E. Rodda.
Recording information: Big Time Audio, Dallas, TX (10/23/2000); Big Times Audio, Dallas, TX (10/23/2000); House Of O, Suffern, NY (10/23/2000); Music Hall, Cincinnati, OH (10/23/2000); The Blood Palace Effects Studios (10/23/2000).
Directors: Laurie Wyant; David Bell .
Arranger: Joseph Price.
The first time Erich Kunzel & the Cincinnati Pops made a symphonic Halloween album, they called it Chiller. Now that a sequel has come from the haunted house -- er, the Cincinnati Music Hall -- they merely state what they hope will be the obvious, Scary Music. But this time, Kunzel doesn't raid the classical music field for material, preferring to stick with film music, television ditties, and the Top 40. Does the curse of the dreaded sequel strike again in the form of slimmer pickings? Well, the selection doesn't start out well, with more banal film boredom from Danny Elfman (Sleepy Hollow, The Nightmare Before Christmas, Beetlejuice). But things soon perk up with campy renditions of the themes from The Addams Family and The Munsters. A properly shimmering "Tubular Bells," a vertically inflated but still somewhat funky Ghostbusters theme, and toward the end, some pure fun pop/kitsch culture in the themes from The Blob (by the young Burt Bacharach, no less!) and Attack of the Killer Tomatoes. Some horror fans might have wondered why the national anthem of Halloween songs, "Monster Mash," was left off Chiller. But it's here -- and it goes pretty much as expected, with a Bobby "Boris" Pickett-like vocal by Joe McBride and symphonic goop ladled onto the early-'60s rock beat. Even Michael Jackson's "Thriller" puts in an appearance, sung by a female singer who only underlines the androgynous nature of the original record. One notable curiosity here is the somber "Dies Irae" -- based on opening music to The Shining by synthesizer pioneer Wendy Carlos (almost all of her score was thrown out by the filmmakers, and it remains one of the more obscure items in her catalog). Again, a panoply of sound effects opens the album, now recorded more stunningly than before in DSD. Indeed, recording and mix engineer Michael Bishop is turned loose -- and given "composer" credits -- to conjure some of the creepiest surround-sound noises ever committed to polycarbonate discs. Though lacking Chiller's historical perspective, Scary Music is at least as entertaining as its predecessor -- which has to be rated an achievement. ~ Richard S. Ginell
Erich Kunzel / Cincinnati Pops OrchestraPuttin' on the Ritz: The Great Hollywood Musicals (CD)
Offenbach: Gaite parisienne & Ibert: Divertissement (CD)
$5.98 on SALE
Verdi Without Words: Grand Opera for Orchestra (CD)
$4.19 Super Savings
Ravel: "Bolero" / Borodin: Music From "Kismet" / Bizet:... (CD)
$5.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 4 ratings.
Based on 4 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 20,440
- UPC: 089408058028
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Easy Listening: Orchestral Music Categories:
101 Strings Orchestra Christmas Memories: Thomas Kinkade (3-CD) ~
$7.87 Super Savings
American Cinema Orchestra Award Winning Movie Themes of the 80's (CD) ~
$7.16 Super Savings
Leroy Anderson The Best of Sleigh Ride (CD) ~
$9.72 Super Savings
Leroy Anderson Collection (Reg) (2-CD) ~
$10.49 Super Savings
- Leroy Anderson Greatest Hits (CD) ~ $7.18
Top ranking titles in the Instrumental genre:
- Mitch Ryder / Bob Crewe Music To Watch Girls By / Sock It To Me.. (45) ~ $3 on SALE
- Bill Doggett Slow Walk / Hold It (45) ~ $2.99 on SALE
- Andre Kostelanetz Plays Murder On The Orient Express And Other Great Themes / Never Can Say Goodbye (CD) ~ $7.49 on SALE
Various Artists Let's Go Trippin': The Greatest Instrumentals of the '60s (3-CD) ~
$9.90 Super Savings
- Ernie Freeman Raunchy / Lost Dreams (45) ~ $3 on SALE