Route 66: That Nelson Riddle Sound
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Fantasy Warehouse Clearance Sale product may be specifically marked for one-way sale
- Released: January 25, 2000
- Originally Released: 2000
- Label: Telarc
- 1.Night and Day
- 2.Zing Went the Strings of My Heart
- 3.September in the Rain
- 4.You and the Night and the Music
- 5.I've Got You Under My Skin
- 6.Let's Face the Music and Dance
- 7.Summer Wind
- 8.I Get Along Without You Very Well
- 9.Nice 'N' Easy
- 10.The Lady Is a Tramp
- 11.Get Happy
- 12.What's New?
- 13.I'll Get By (As Long as I Have You)
- 14.Let Yourself Go
- 15.You Are My Lucky Star
- 16.Lisbon Antigua (In Old Lisbon)
- 17.Brother John
- 18.Route 66
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Full performer name: Erich Kunzel/Cincinnati Pops Big Band Orchestra.
Erich Kunzel/Cincinnati Pops includes: Erich Kunzel (conductor); Timothy Berens (guitar); David Edwards (alto saxophone); Ken Peplowski (tenor saxophone); Rich Baptist, Randy Sandke (trumpet); Jim Pugh (trombone); Julie Spangler (piano); Don Baldini (bass); Michael Berkowitz (drums).
Engineers: Jack Renner, Michael Bishop, Robert Friedrich.
Recorded at The Music Hall, Cincinnati, Ohio on March 8, 1999. Includes liner notes by Will Friedwald.
Personnel: Tim Berens (guitar); David Edwards (alto saxophone); Ken Peplowski (tenor saxophone); Randy Sandke , Rick Baptist (trumpet); Jim Pugh (trombone); Julie Spangler (piano); Rich Jensen (vibraphone); Mike Berkowitz (drums).
Liner Note Author: Will Friedwald.
Recording information: Music Hall, Cincinnati, OH (03/08/1999).
Editor: Ester Luna.
Photographer: Jeanene D. Tiner.
Route 66: That Nelson Riddle Sound features Riddle arrangements of swinging pop standards performed by the Cincinnati Pops Orchestra, conducted by Erich Kunzel. While Riddle made his name mostly by arranging for some of the most popular vocalists of the '50s, these versions are entirely instrumental; still, they do give a good idea of why Riddle's skills were in such high demand -- the music here is bright and cool, accessible to youthful hipsters and older fans of sweeter, more straight-ahead pop alike. Tenor saxophonist Ken Peplowski and trombonist Jim Pugh lead the instrumental soloists replacing the vocalists, and they do a fine job. ~ Steve Huey
Erich Kunzel / Cincinnati Pops OrchestraPuttin' on the Ritz: The Great Hollywood Musicals (CD)
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 7 ratings.
Based on 7 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Wedding Recessional & Processional / Tarantella (45) View Details
Top ranking CD:
- Jimmy Buffett Down To Earth / High Cumberland Jubilee (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD Box Set) ~ $9.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - The 60's, Part 1 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE