Isham Jones Volume 1
Out of Print: Future availability is unknown
- by Isham Jones ~ Shadows On the Swanee: 1932-1934 ~ $15.39
- Released: April 22, 2003
- Label: Old Masters
- 1.Song of the Blues
- 2.Feelin' That Way
- 3.Nina Rosa
- 4.Not a Cloud in the Sky
- 5.Song Without a Name
- 6.What's the Use?
- 8.Miss Hannah
- 10.There's a Wah-Wah Girl in Agua Caliente
- 12.I'll Be Blue Just Thinking of You
- 13.In My Heart It's You
- 14.Don't Tell Her What's Happened to Me
- 15.Trav'lin' All Alone
- 16.I Keep Remembering (Someone I Should Forget)
- 17.My Baby Just Cares for Me
- 18.Good Evenin'
- 19.Sweet Jennie Lee
- 20.Lonesome Lover
- 21.You're Just a Dream Come True
- 22.Swingin' Down the Lane
- 23.My Ideal
- 24.I'm So Afraid of You
- 25.You Don't Know What You're Doin'
- 26.Goodnight Sweet Dreams
Recorded between 1929 & 1931. Includes liner notes by Warren Vache Sr.
Contains 26 tracks.
Isham Jones, best-known as an important songwriter, led a series of interesting bands during the 1920's and 30's. His 1929-31 edition essentially played hot dance music. All but three of the 24 selections on this CD (two alternate takes plus "Stardust") have vocals by either Frank Sylvano, Billy Scott or Eddie Stone and there are some fine solos by trumpeter Whitey Moeller, trombonist Red Ballard and various lesser-known players. Although the performances just border on jazz, they should be of interest to vintage jazz listeners, particularly "Song of the Blues," "Miss Hannah," "My Baby Just Cares for Me," "Swingin' Down the Lane" and the first ever ballad recording of "Stardust." ~ Scott Yanow
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD)
$19.98 on SALE