Baseball New York Yankees: Yankeeography, Volumes 1-4 (12-DVD)
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$72.50 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$27.45 (27% Off)|
- Number of Discs: 12
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 40 hours, 53 minutes
- Video: Color
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Released: November 13, 2007
- Originally Released: 2007
- Label: A&E Home Video
Description by OLDIES.com:
The New York Yankees are baseball. 1927, 1961, 1977, 1978, and 1998. These highlight years - easily recognized by the Yankee faithful - stand out among the team's phenomenal 26 World Series wins and 39 Pennants. And these dominant World Championship years, along with many other compelling facets of Yankee history and lore, receive lavish attention in this ultimate DVD package.
Centered on in-depth biographical profiles of Yankee greats like DiMaggio, Ruth, Berra and nearly every other players to have his number retired, YANKEEOGRAPHY also takes long looks at Yankee Stadium, the Boston Red Sox rivalry, left- and right-handed pitchers, and much, much more.
Produced by diehard fans for diehard fans, YANKEEOGRAPHY is an immensely satisfying feast. Archival footage, interviews with the game's greats and John Sterling's commentary entertain and delight fans who can never get enough of the Yankees or baseball.
Revisit the glory of a century of athletic - and American - drama and achievement with this must-have DVD collection. YANKEEOGRAPHY is hands-down the most comprehensive celebration of a single professional team ever presented.
- 12 DVDs contain dozens of episodes and bonus features from this reverential and exhaustive series.
- Hosted by famed Yankee radio broadcaster John Sterling.
- Produced with complete access to archival materials in cooperation with Major League Baseball.
- Winner of five New York Sports Emmy Awards.
Volume 1 features Babe Ruth, Thurman Munson, Ron Guidry, Don Mattingly, Derek Jeter, and Joe Torre. Volume 2 features Lou Gehrig, Phil Rizzuto, Mickey Mantle, Elston Howard, Paul O'Neill, and Mariano Rivera. Volume 3 features Joe DiMaggio, Catfish Hunter, Bobby Murcer, Reggie Jackson, Goose Gossage, and Jorge Posada. Volume 4 spotlights Yogi Berra, Whitey Ford, Roger Maris, Lou Piniella, Willie Randolph, and Bernie Williams. Individual volumes are no longer available for sale individually.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 4 ratings.
This is the Yankee's fan equivalent of the Holy Grail! At that sale price it felt like I was stealing home. All the more essential now, considering the closing of Yankee stadium. This is my Christmas in October. I recommend this not only to fans of N.Y.C. sports but all red-blooded sporting fans in general. Get it while you still can!
I ordered this set on Tuesday, received in the mail on Thursday. Over the past two nights, I've watched about six DVDs. This set is UNBELIEVABLE. I almost bought earlier in the year at Best Buy for over $100...I'm glad I waited. Gotta run, another six DVDs to watch!!! go, Yankees!!!
- Sales Rank: 110,629
- UPC: 733961769814
- Shipping Weight: 1.95/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 12 items
AE Home Video Labels:
9/11: 10th Anniversary Commemorative Set (DVD) ~
$29.44 Super Savings
A&E: America's Castles - The Cotton Kings (DVD) ~
$22.06 Super Savings
A&E: America's Castles - Hearst Castle at San Simeon (DVD) ~
$22.06 Super Savings
- A&E: America's Castles - Newport Mansions (DVD) ~ $16.20
- A&E: America's Castles - The Eccentrics (DVD) ~ $22.48
Top ranking titles in the Sports & Recreation genre:
- Baseball - Home Run Derby, Volume 1 (DVD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Surfing USA: Featuring the Hits of The Beach Boys (DVD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Surfing - The Sixth Element: The Ross Clarke-Jones Story (DVD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Outdoor Adventures - Hunter Safety (DVD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Surfing - Toka Toka: A Documentary About Surfing In Forbidden Fiji (DVD) ~ 99¢ on SALE