- Number of Discs: 2
- Run Time: 1 hours, 38 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: September 25, 2007
- Originally Released: 1977
- Label: Blue Underground
- 2-Disc Set
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Collectors Edition
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 2.35
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - Italian, English, French
- Subtitles - English - Optional
- Additional Release Material:
- Music Video: "Suspiria" - Daemonia
- Dario Argento - Director
- Daria Nicolodi - Co-Writer
- Luciano Tovoli - Cinematographer
- Goblin - Composers
- Jessica Harper - Star
- Stefania Casini - Star
- Udo Kier - Star
- Theatrical Trailer
- TV Spots
- Radio Spots
Performers, Cast and Crew:
New York Times - 08/13/1977
"...Campy, surreal....Really quite funny, during those isolated interludes when nobody is bleeding."
Total Film - 06/01/2000
"...SUSPIRIA is an impressively accomplished chiller..."
Sight and Sound - 03/01/2010
"The horror film and the musical have much in common, and few films stress this more than Dario Argento's best-known opus."
Dario Argento's masterpiece of horror, with its assault of garish colors, booming soundtrack and horrifically dreamlike set pieces, is the cinematic equivalent of an exceptionally scary fun house. It tells the story of Susan (Harper) a young, impressionable American who travels abroad in order to study at a prestigious European ballet academy. From the first day, however, she begins to realize that frightening things are afoot at the hallowed institution. Enduring a rain of maggots, poisoned food and other unpleasant occurrences, she discovers that the school is a secret convening place for an ages-old witches' coven. Cut to various lengths due to violent content, the film's original full running time is 100 minutes.
Gory horror tale about an American dancer who goes to Europe to attend ballet school. As soon as she arrives, bloody corpses begin lining the halls, since the academy is actually a haven for sinister witches!
Campus Life |
Essential Cinema |
Theatrical Release |
Witches And Wizards
- Theatrical Release: August 12, 1977
- SUSPIRIA was the first entry in Dario Argento's planned trilogy on witches. The second was INFERNO, after which the trilogy was abandoned.