Capote -The Album
|You Save:||$3 (20% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 2-3 business days
- Capote (Widescreen) ~ $4.98 (Save 50%)
- Released: January 17, 2006
- Originally Released: 2006
- Label: Sony Music MOD
- 1.Capote, film score: Out There
- 2.In Cold Blood, book: The Village of Holcomb
- 3.In Cold Blood, book: The Two young Men Had Little in Common
- 4.Capote, film score: Spoon Feeding
- 5.In Cold Blood, book: This Is It, This Is It, This Has To Be It
- 6.In Cold Blood, book: Holcomb Is Twelve Miles East Of The Mountain Time Zone Border
- 7.Capote, film score: N.Y. Reeding
- 8.In Cold Blood, book: Eight Non-Stop Passenger Trains Hurry Through Holcomb Every Twenty-Four Hours
- 9.Capote, film score: If One Bird
- 10.In Cold Blood, book: It Was Midday Deep In The Mojave Desert
- 11.In Cold Blood, book: It Was Late Afternoon
- 12.In Cold Blood, book: Perry Noticed Them First - Hitchhikers, A Boy And An Old Man
- 13.In Cold Blood, book: At Five That Afternoon... The Long Ride Came To An End
- 14.Capote, film score: Not Much Time Left
- 15.In Cold Blood, book: Dewey Had Watched Them Die...
- 16.Capote, film score: I Thought He Was A Very Nice Gentleman
- 17.Capote, film score: Epigraph
- 18.Capote, film score: Answered Prayers
Personnel: Eve Egoyan (piano).
Audio Mixer: Jennifer Dunnington.
Recording information: Glenn Gould Theatre, CBC Toronto.
Photographers: Richard Corman; Attila Dory.
Reader: Truman Capote.
Although this is a tie-in release with the 2005 movie Capote, it's not exactly a soundtrack, or a Truman Capote album. It's something between the two, mixing Truman Capote recitations with incidental music from the film score. Most of the quite lengthy (76-minute) CD is devoted to excerpts from the 1966 album Truman Capote Reads Scenes from 'In Cold Blood': A True Account of a Multiple Murder and Its Consequences. Although the title might seem self-explanatory, for those who've seen the movie it's worth emphasizing that the spoken word passages from Capote's book In Cold Blood are not read here by Phillip Seymour Hoffman, the actor who played the writer in the film. They're read by Capote himself, and even if you're well acquainted with his life, it still comes as somewhat of a shock to hear such a middle-America-gone-awry tale delivered in such a fey yet matter-of-fact voice. Most listeners will find these readings rather tough going, and more effective as read in the printed page (or experienced indirectly via the movie), though it's useful material for serious fans of Capote and/or the book. Linking some of the passages, and opening and closing the disc, are excerpts from Mychael Danna's moody score, which establishes a grimly subdued atmosphere. ~ Richie Unterberger
The Best of the 1910 Fruitgum Company: Simon Says (CD)(17)
Play Me a Movie: Piano Music to Accompany Silent (CD)
$16.89 Super Savings
Radio Adaptations of Two Memorable Movies - The Best Years... (CD)
$14.80 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 5 ratings.
Based on 5 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
La La Land (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) (CD)
$9.71 Super Savings
Black Roses (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) (LP)(2)
$12.98 on SALE