- Number of Discs: 6
- Rated: Unrated
- Run Time: 8 hours, 50 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: November 2, 2010
- Originally Released: 2010
- Label: HBO Home Video
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Note: Exclusive features include:
- Profiles of The Pacific intimate portraits of the real marines featured in The Pacific
- Making The Pacific 30-minute feature providing an inside look at the making of this epic miniseries
- Anatomy of the pacific war - historical documentary on the events that influenced the merciless brutality in the Pacific theater
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.78
- Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo - English, French, Spanish
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English, French, Spanish
- DTS - English, French, Spanish
- Subtitles - English, French, Korean, Spanish, Thai
Performers, Cast and Crew:
James Badge Dale,
Tom Hanks &
Timothy Van Patten,
Jeremy Podeswa &
Bruce C. McKenna,
George P. Pelecanos,
Graham Yost &
Geoff Zanelli &
Director of Photography:
Remi Adefarasin &
Stephen F. Windon
Executive Production by
Tom Hanks &
Uncut - 12/01/2010
4 stars out of 5 -- "[S]trong scripts from George Pelecanos and SPEED's Graham Yost deliver top-drawer quality."
Total Film - 12/01/2010
4 stars out of 5 -- "THE PACIFIC is to BAND OF BROTHERS what the war against Japan was to the Allies' slog through Western Europe; messier, more disjointed and in its way more disturbing."
Description by OLDIES.com:
The Pacific is an epic 10-part miniseries that delivers a realistic portrait of WWII's Pacific Theatre as seen through the intertwined odysseys of three U.S. Marines - Robert Leckie, John Basilone and Eugene Sledge. The extraordinary experiences of these men and their fellow Marines take them from the first clash with the Japanese in the haunted jungles of Guadalcanal, through the impenetrable rain firests of Cape Gloucester, across the blasted coral strongholds of Peleliu, up the black sand terraces of Iwo Jima, through the killing fields of Okinawa, to the triumphant, yet uneasy, return home after V-J Day. The viewer will be immersed in combat through the intimate perspective of this diverse, relatable group of men pushed to the limit in battle both physically and psychologically against a relentless enemy unlike any encountered before.
BAND OF BROTHERS producers Tom Hanks and Steven Spielberg re-team to produce this ten-hour World War II miniseries based on the books WITH THE OLD BREED by Eugene Sledge and HELMET FOR MY PILLOW by Robert Leckie. Additional interviews conducted by the filmmakers in collaboration with Hugh Ambrose (son of late BAND OF BROTHERS author Stephen E. Ambrose) detail the arduous odysseys of U.S. Marines Sledge, Leckie, and John Basilone from their first skirmishes in Guadalcanal to their eventual return to American soil following V-J Day.
Television / TV Series |
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 667 ratings.
Be the first Movie Lover to
write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 94,085
- UPC: 883929080397
- Shipping Weight: 1.30/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 6 items